Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC

Tough weekend for the Atlantic 10.

Duquesne lost to Mansfield and D2 Queens College beat VCU.

Mansfield may take a big step in the East this year. They went transfer HEAVY this off-season and apparently found some good ones. Their post player who ripped the Dukes for 26 points started at Robert Morris several years ago and has did some bouncing around. Ferry called him the best player on the floor. Bid dude.

Comment

Mansfield benefits from having a few quality D1 transfers especially Jeremiah Worthem (Robert Morris & NCCU) who brings instant scoring and rebounding to the Mounties.

Comment

Shipfbfan1:

What are you guys doing opening up with two Penn State branches this weekend? Tell our old friend Coach Fite nobody wants to see those games.

As a whole I don't even think they should count in a teams win total.

Comment

Off-topic but did anybody see the Maryland Women's exhibition scores?

MD 146
          Bluefield State 17
          *** Bluefield shut out in second half

MD 153
          Mary Baldwin 27

I don't know which school should be more embarrassed by those scores.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Off-topic but did anybody see the Maryland Women's exhibition scores?

MD 146
            Bluefield State 17
            *** Bluefield shut out in second half

MD 153
            Mary Baldwin 27

I don't know which school should be more embarrassed by those scores.
            You just have to wonder why...why Maryland offered to play these games and WHY Bluefield and Baldwin accepted. On a side note looks like Bluefield v. Mary Baldwin would be a close game!

Comment

It's about that time ... any predictions for the West? The rosters finally seem to be finalized and we've seen some limited game action.

Here goes ... I'll check back in March.

1. IUP
              -- Too many weapons for many in the West to handle. A daunting exhibition and non-conference schedule should have them peaking by mid-December. Joe has some size this year and his 'freshmen' aren't freshmen any more.

1-A. Mercyhurt
              -- To be the man you have to beat the man -- and it's become rare anybody wins the West outright. The Lakers have been a thorn to IUP too often in recent years. They are also built for the West in size and tempo.

3. Slippery Rock
              -- This isn't your "last year's" Slippery Rock. Literally. Twelve new faces join JUCO U -- five of whom played together at the same Iowa CC. Don't kid yourself, though. This is a good Kevin Reynolds class. The connection, by the way, is the the Iowa CC coach is a former SRU assistant. Unlike past SRU teams relying on size and size, this group combines some nice size with some scoring. It's going to be a tough draw as the year goes along. The Rock played well in its two Division 1 exhibitions. They will be tested quickly this weekend with Wheeling Jesuit and Notre Dame.

4. UPJ
              -- On one hand there's enough talent here to make a serious run in the West. On the other hand there may not be enough of it. The starting five is pretty strong. Beyond that is TBD. AJ Leahy and Vescovi are as good as low-post combo as anywhere in the PSAC. The guard play will tell the tale.

5. Edinboro
              -- Jaymon Mason will lead the PSAC (maybe the country) in scoring. He's going to have a shot at 30+ points per game and can single-handily keep them in many games. Cleary is a good coach but underachieved a bit a year ago. He's added some nice pieces. Sharing the ball could be the biggest obstacle. Boro will pull some big wins this year but will have the potential to have some big losses. If there is a Wild Card in the West ... the Scots are it.

6. Gannon
              -- The Coaches' Poll was higher on the Golden Knights. There are just too many questions. That PSAC title two years ago feels like a long, long time ago. Gannon was 6-17 last year. That team, the core anyway, plays for LeMoyne now. Too many new faces to get a vibe here. Reilly is a good coach and brought in some real big, nice-looking players. Will he let his scorers score? Will the new group adjust to a bygone era of basketball? Too many questions.

7. Seton Hill
              -- Trevor Blondin missing the season is a devastating blow. In all likelihood he was First-Team West selection at guard. Spencer Casson is the best center in the West. The backcourt now has too many questions.

8. Clarion
              -- The Golden Eagles have already played Kentucky. This seems to be a 'starting five' team, however. Clarion won't be as good as a year ago. It will play tough and fast but will lack the depth to make much noise.

9. California
              -- The Vulcans are the biggest question mark in the West. A new coach, new style and largely a new roster. You'd assume the coaching change brings an MEC style of play to the archaic West. But with a suspect returning core and recruiting class of late signings ... you have to wonder if the right horses are in line to pull the wagon. It's too hard to tell until the team hits the floor but it's also too hard to pick them any higher at this point.

Comment

Mercyhurst beat Mt. Aloyisous 103-32.

Way to go, Lake Show. Big Gary scheduling a real toughy.

Comment

The PSAC got its a$$ kicked by the MEC tonight. Looks like a clean sweep.

Really shocked West Chester lost. East Stroudsburg, too.

Granted, probably the Top 3 PSAC teams didn't play MEC teams. Mercy played a junior high team and Kutztown is playing a Penn State Branch tomorrow.

Keyshawn ... Come on, Man.

Comment

The PSAC got its a$$ kicked by the MEC tonight. Looks like a clean sweep.

Really shocked West Chester lost. East Stroudsburg, too.

Granted, probably the Top 3 PSAC teams didn't play MEC teams. Mercy played a junior high team and Kutztown is playing a Penn State Branch tomorrow.

Keyshawn ... Come on, Man.
                    Yup. MEC 6, PSAC 0. I know it's only one night, but that's not a good sign.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

What happened to the Cal vs St. Augustine's game this past Saturday night? I see no score reported? Cancelled? Why?

Comment

What happened to the Cal vs St. Augustine's game this past Saturday night? I see no score reported? Cancelled? Why?
                        Cal won by 4 or 6 I think. I was there but can't remember the final score.

Comment

I'm also looking for a Cal/Aug final score for my performance indicators. Why wouldn't both schools have results as well as a writeup by now? Can't find it in local papers either. It's like it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            I'm also looking for a Cal/Aug final score for my performance indicators. Why wouldn't both schools have results as well as a writeup by now? Can't find it in local papers either. It's like it never happened.
                            Cal reportedly won 71-69, but for whatever reason, there's no box score/play-by-play.

http://www.calvulcans.com/news/2016/...gustine-s.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                              You just have to wonder why...why Maryland offered to play these games and WHY Bluefield and Baldwin accepted. On a side note looks like Bluefield v. Mary Baldwin would be a close game!
                              Bluefield and Mary Baldwin probably accepted for one simple reason: Money.

Comment

VULCANS won 71-69

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X