Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early commits...

This is slightly OT in that it's not directly about the games being played. Breaking with a long-standing policy of saying nothing at all about who may or may not have signed up @ CALU, 4 announcements about early commits for 2018 have been tweeted in the last two days. 2 women, SHAUNA HARRISON 5'11" SG from England and KHANIFAH PANNELL 5'11" F from Philly, and 2 men, DEVON ROBINSON 6'3" PG JC TR from Cleveland and COLLIN MACADAMS 6'5" SG from Bucks Cty have announced they will be playing for the VULCANS starting fall 18. Besides being somewhat wishful thinking at this time since many early commits change their minds, I don't know what to think about the apparent switch to much more openness from the Sports Info office. Hopefully this trend will continue and even more hopefully these commits will show up in the MON VALLEY next fall. Time will tell.

Re: Early commits...

The reality is the sports information office used to be able to keep things quiet. The Twitter era changed all of that ...

And, don't forget, basketball has the early signing period (unlike football). So, if they announced them, these are very likely 'early signees' which means they are signed, sealed and delivered. Obviously unlike 'verbals' they can't change their mind once signed (unless Cal would grant them an official release).

By the way, after seeing the 'new look' Cal men's team ... I could very quickly see why Tony Richardson is no longer on the team. No offense to Tony, but he couldn't play that MEC style that your new coach has implemented. It's way too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      The reality is the sports information office used to be able to keep things quiet. The Twitter era changed all of that ...

And, don't forget, basketball has the early signing period (unlike football). So, if they announced them, these are very likely 'early signees' which means they are signed, sealed and delivered. Obviously unlike 'verbals' they can't change their mind once signed (unless Cal would grant them an official release).

By the way, after seeing the 'new look' Cal men's team ... I could very quickly see why Tony Richardson is no longer on the team. No offense to Tony, but he couldn't play that MEC style that your new coach has implemented. It's way too fast.
      Hadn't really thought about it but 2 of the 3 leading players last weekend, HOWZE and DAVIS, are MEC transfers. Guess MCBRIDE decided he couldn't wait for things to progress naturally, although FR PHILLIP ALEXANDER did get in some substantial playing time and looked promising. It looks like these early commits will be the basis of his future teams. Got to be happy as a VULCANS fan about the progress.

Comment

Howze is a monster. He was just stuck on a terrible team last year. He's going to have a giant year.

I don't know a whole lot about Ashland basketball. They seem to be good in every sport so I suspect men's basketball is no different.

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOr94DjXUAADqsj.png:large

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X