SRU 5-2 9-4 W6 283
    Gannon 4-3 6-5 W1 597
    UPJ 3-4 8-5 L1 580
    Seton Hill 3-4 6-5 W1 222
    Mercyhurst 3-4 5-6 L3 446
    Clarion 3-4 5-7 L3 308
    Edinboro 2-5 4-7 L1 201
    California 0-7 3-10 L2 248
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-04-2017, 07:36 AM.

Re: PSAC Standings and Attendance - 1/4/17

Updated standings & attendance above / 1-4-17

Comment

Re: PSAC Standings and Attendance - 1/4/17

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Updated standings & attendance above / 1-4-17
      Not sure how some are counting people. Obvious inflated numbers by multiple teams. What to they gain by phony numbers. Any insight would be welcome.

Comment

Re: PSAC Standings and Attendance - 1/3/17

If those are inflated the state of PSAC basketball is in an awful place. The attendance across the board is just pathetic. Hate to phrase it that way, but ... hard to sugarcoat.

Those are the reported numbers per the conference.
        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-04-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

i have been to all three venues in northwest pa and two are inflating by the hundreds. The hammermill is in the worst shape ever. I had to leave after the women's game last night and unless 400 showed up after I left someone is not reporting correctly. Maybe they pick a number at the end of the night I don't know. Are athletic directors under that much pressure to fill seats. I'm just curious as to why.

Comment

It could be they are reporting all season tickets sold regardless if the people show up or not.

Hard to say. Indiana can change pretty drastically between the flip in games so I guess it's possible.

IUP publishes real numbers. Every ticket is scanned at entrance. That said, our biggest draw all year was actually the game played at the old Field House and not the KCAC.

They are getting a little above 25 percent capacity so far this year based on the 4,000 seats. Not good. The Gannon visit Friday night was in the 800s.

The 'Mill used to pack them up there.

Student break lasting 6 weeks these days sure as heck doesn't help.

Comment

Not sure how the entire league does attendance, but I can tell you Gannon numbers are taken strictly at the door. The A.D. has nothing to do with it and there isn't a random number picked. Tickets sales, season ticket holders, anyone with an ID (student, staff, faculty, etc.) are counted with tickers at the door and given to the statisticians. Also ... many are confused when they see men's attendance totals because that total includes the entire doubleheader. It doesn't necessarily mean that many people were at the men's game. There is no way to determine if someone bought a ticket for the women's game and then left. So, your attendance for the men's games will include any body that entered the arena from the time the doors open for the women's game until halftime of the men's game.

Comment

That's a good point. Indiana actually has a pretty loyal women's crowd -- many of whom leave after the ladies play although their ticket is good for both games. I'm sure many schools face the same issue. That happened at Cal last year. The IUP/Cal women's game had a nice crowd. When the men's game started less than a third remained.

I'd say these numbers are probably fairly accurate -- some more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  That's a good point. Indiana actually has a pretty loyal women's crowd -- many of whom leave after the ladies play although their ticket is good for both games. I'm sure many schools face the same issue. That happened at Cal last year. The IUP/Cal women's game had a nice crowd. When the men's game started less than a third remained.

I'd say these numbers are probably fairly accurate -- some more than others.
                  That's pretty normal at Cal, or at least it was the past few seasons, especially with the Wednesday night games. For some odd reason, Wednesday has always been the big 'drinking night' at Cal.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X