Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#9 WV State defeats #8 West Lib by a score of 64-54.

Comment

On the men's side, WVWC & Concord move on tonight. Urbana & NDC are headed home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
        On the men's side, WVWC & Concord move on tonight. Urbana & NDC are headed home.
        Lost more games on Concord this year than I can count.

Comment

Looks like Charleston is going to survive a pretty game effort from Wesleyan.

Comment

Fairmont looks like they''ll survive a tough challenge from Glenville.

(And watching it, I just keep shaking my head at Glenville's decisions. They have to be the least intelligent--in terms of basketball IQ--team in the conference)

Comment

Interesting to note that all of the MEC men's games so far have been "low scoring" (by MEC standards). It'll be interesting to see if that trend holds in the nightcaps.

Comment

WLU breaks the low scoring run going for 100 to punch their semifinal ticket.

On going right now, Wheeling is giving WVS a good game with about 3 to play. Winner gets the chance to square off against WLU tomorrow. In the other semi UC square's off against Fairmont in what could prove to be a barn burner for one of the seats in the MEC final.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    WLU breaks the low scoring run going for 100 to punch their semifinal ticket.

On going right now, Wheeling is giving WVS a good game with about 3 to play. Winner gets the chance to square off against WLU tomorrow. In the other semi UC square's off against Fairmont in what could prove to be a barn burner for one of the seats in the MEC final.
                    I admit I was secretly rooting for Wheeling to pull that upset. WVSU scares me a bit more than Wheeling does at this point. Let's just hope WVSU is healthy--they're extra dangerous when they all have the flu! ; )

Comment

Side note about attendance. I'm not sure what system they're using for counting attendance. It's clearly not just the number of tickets punched, because they're differentiating the attendance game-by-game, not session-by-session (and your ticket buys you a full two-game session). If they were simply using tickets punched as their counting method, the two late games that share a session, for instance, would have the same number. So, they're obviously using some other method of counting. But whatever it is, it's way off in my opinion. They reported only 900 attendees for the WLU-Concord game. There's no way there were only 900 people there. The place was undoubtedly fuller than that. I was estimating closer to around 1,300-1,500 (at least). Wish I understood how they were getting their figures.

Comment

Championship Sunday is set on the women's side after today's women's semi-finals:

#1 seed Glenville got all they wanted out of Concord. Glenville wins 70-68.
                        Notre Dame defeated the University of Charleston 73-66 in the other semi.

That sets up a Notre Dame vs. Glenville State final.

Comment

WVSU gave it a good fight. Looked like they just ran outta gas that final 5-6 minutes. And, some poor shot selection in the final 2 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            WVSU gave it a good fight. Looked like they just ran outta gas that final 5-6 minutes. And, some poor shot selection in the final 2 mins.
                            Yup. It was a great game plan for WVSU, and they executed it to perfection . . . for about 36 minutes.

I mentioned yesterday that Glenville seemed like the least intelligent team (on a basketball IQ level) in the conference. WVSU might very well be the most intelligent. But that's why a few of those late game decisions--when they allowed themselves to get sped up--were so head-scratching after such a well executed start.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Yup. It was a great game plan for WVSU, and they executed it to perfection . . . for about 36 minutes.

I mentioned yesterday that Glenville seemed like the least intelligent team (on a basketball IQ level) in the conference. WVSU might very well be the most intelligent. But that's why a few of those late game decisions--when they allowed themselves to get sped up--were so head-scratching after such a well executed start.
                              Recall this season I wanted the GSU coach fired during a media timeout.

Comment

WLU up by 10 at the half 35-25. Marlon Moore is having a big game with 15...3 for 3 from three, 4 for 4 from the line and 2 blocked shots.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X