Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First DANNY SANCOMB SHOW of the year. He seems to realistically view his young team's start as a time to get everyone on the same page program wise and mentions that some players are expected back primarily Zyan Collins who really needs to be out there leading his young teammates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOs5eF...ature=youtu.be

Comment

This year's VULCANS MBB team is a bit hard to figure. They stand up very well against WLU on the road and then get thoroughly embarrassed by LHU. Losing to SHIP is always a 50/50 possibility. Getting crushed by the the BALDIES, even what appears to be a legit team, is unacceptable. My biggest fear in all this is that Danny Sancomb will start looking for his next gig. IMO, he has always viewed this job as a stepping stone to the next D2 PRIVATE school that will give him the freedom and backing that he needs in a setting he clearly prefers over PUBLIC. That is certainly his right and not a shocker but I had hoped he could get the program on sounder footing before he left.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        This year's VULCANS MBB team is a bit hard to figure. They stand up very well against WLU on the road and then get thoroughly embarrassed by LHU. Losing to SHIP is always a 50/50 possibility. Getting crushed by the the BALDIES, even what appears to be a legit team, is unacceptable. My biggest fear in all this is that Danny Sancomb will start looking for his next gig. IMO, he has always viewed this job as a stepping stone to the next D2 PRIVATE school that will give him the freedom and backing that he needs in a setting he clearly prefers over PUBLIC. That is certainly his right and not a shocker but I had hoped he could get the program on sounder footing before he left.
        Gannon will be open soon. Would he move? Isn't his wife a school superintendent (or something) down in Wheeling? That could limit his options.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Gannon will be open soon. Would he move? Isn't his wife a school superintendent (or something) down in Wheeling? That could limit his options.
          She's the Principal of Wheeling Central Catholic, a job I would never see her walking away from. He'll need to keep his eyes open within reasonable (Cal-WCC..60min) distance from home. My guess is he would move quickly if SHU opened up.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

She's the Principal of Wheeling Central Catholic, a job I would never see her walking away from. He'll need to keep his eyes open within reasonable (Cal-WCC..60min) distance from home. My guess is he would move quickly if SHU opened up.
            It just was open. They have a new HC this year. He didn't apply.

He's doing well at Cal. Hard to grasp what they actually have this year. Things change big time if Collins and Lucas return. The 5 losses though are pretty scary at this early date.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It just was open. They have a new HC this year. He didn't apply.

He's doing well at Cal. Hard to grasp what they actually have this year. Things change big time if Collins and Lucas return. The 5 losses though are pretty scary at this early date.
              I think he envisioned a potentially very strong season as a potential launcher for his next step. That probably won't happen but with some healthy players and a bit of luck, who knows.
              HC Ben Wilkins at SHU is someone who burst out of the gate as a member of the coaching staff at '07 D2 NC Barton. That got him a number of D1 assistant jobs but not the HC. He seems to have decided to drop down a notch to get his name on the door, but time will tell if moving to the PSAC/ATLANTIC DIV meatgrinder is a wise move. On the plus side the FIGHTIN'STEWIES record of 16-65 the last three years doesn't require a lot of improvement to seem amazing.
              DS has three boys who will likely all attend and graduate WCC. Probably at a substantial discount. Then and only then, IMO, will he be free to cast a wider net. Time will tell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X