Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats Bearcats!

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    As Brandon said, there is enough scholarship money that a few are full and the rest are partial or walk on. Just guessing that Pitts is good enough to be on full.
    Guys, whether it is a full, partial or grants, it is not taking any money out of his pocket. That is the bottom line. I would be willing to bet that very few are on actual "full basketball scholarships", as all kinds of monies are used in determining what each athlete gets.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      As Brandon said, there is enough scholarship money that a few are full and the rest are partial or walk on. Just guessing that Pitts is good enough to be on full.
      I'd bet he was partial his redshirt year. It'd make the most sense to not give full's to any redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
        I'd bet he was partial his redshirt year. It'd make the most sense to not give full's to any redshirt.
        Yes, that is what I meant. Started as partial and then went to full.

Comment

The ratings for the championship game came out this morning at 1.151 million. Pretty good for DII and good exposure for the sport. Sucks the tweet misspelled Fairmont, but people make mistakes I guess.
          https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/...26135505391616
          Last edited by BearcatMediaStudent; 03-28-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
            The ratings for the championship game came out this morning at 1.51 million. Pretty good for DII and good exposure for the sport. Sucks the tweet misspelled Fairmont, but people make mistakes I guess.
            https://twitter.com/SportsTVRatings/...26135505391616
            Interesting. That's just about double what the Football NC game was, and that game was the highest in awhile. Granted, I know the NC game was a lead in to the D1 Elite 8 games, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
              Interesting. That's just about double what the Football NC game was, and that game was the highest in awhile. Granted, I know the NC game was a lead in to the D1 Elite 8 games, but still.
              Network vs. cable is a big part of it. Ratings for the DI games Sunday on CBS were significantly higher than the Saturday games on TBS.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                Network vs. cable is a big part of it. Ratings for the DI games Sunday on CBS were significantly higher than the Saturday games on TBS.
                Great point. Duh....I should have realized that hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                  Take it from someone who made the trip when we won in '13 - if you are lucky enough to have access to tickets, make the trip when you guys play Duke at Cameron Indoor next fall. Looking forward to seeing Pitts give the Dukies some heartburn.
                  I just looked it up and see that Duke has played the reigning D2 champions every year since 2009. Why is that, and how did that start? I assume that a nice travel check is received?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-Hawkeye View Post
                    I just looked it up and see that Duke has played the reigning D2 champions every year since 2009. Why is that, and how did that start? I assume that a nice travel check is received?
                    Coach K says that he wants to play a quality team in their exhibition game and he sees this as a way to get a quality team. It is a great experience for the kids. Doesn't pay as much as you might think and comes with strings -- they ask for pre-season practice video so they can scout your current team in addition to game vids from last season. . . things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
                      Coach K says that he wants to play a quality team in their exhibition game and he sees this as a way to get a quality team. It is a great experience for the kids. Doesn't pay as much as you might think and comes with strings -- they ask for pre-season practice video so they can scout your current team in addition to game vids from last season. . . things like that.
                      I heard the same. Enough to cover expenses and everything, obviously, but not as much as you'd expect from a program with as much money as Duke. Then again, I'm sure they see it as sort of an "It's an honor to even be playing us at Cameron Indoor" type of thing on their end, so why spend thousands more than they need to when they know any team is going to take the opportunity as long as basics are covered?

Either way, it'll be fun to see how Pitts, the newly-added Witthus and the rest of the returning Bearcats fare against the Blue Devils. They're used to taking on teams like Augie who essentially graduate a load of very talented seniors. It'll be interesting when they're matched up with talented players who also have quite a bit of experience. Maybe it'll only be a 25-point win instead of the usual 35-40-point win. :)

Comment

I just reserved a motel room for the weekend of the game....now all I need to do is get some tix ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          I just reserved a motel room for the weekend of the game....now all I need to do is get some tix ;-)
                          Should be fun. For your sake, I hope you have an inside connection (or are ready to drop some cash). I believe the Augie athletic department got a VERY limited number of tickets to give away/use for family, fans, boosters, etc. last year, and even Duke's exhibition games sell out, as Cameron Indoor is somewhat smaller than people realize.

Comment

9300 -- maybe we could hold the Central regional there next year.

Comment

Article on Northwest playing Duke on October 27.

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/s...1f324fcc1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-Hawkeye View Post
                                Article on Northwest playing Duke on October 27.

http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/s...1f324fcc1.html
                                That is one fun game for the champs. Although the game is not usually that close (BU lost 87-62 in 2011), you never really know. Most years the champs are starting out with a whole new lineup against a veteran Duke squad. NWMSU has a lot coming back and will undoubtedly be ranked #1 to begin the season. Duke lost a lot of talent although it basically reloaded with the best high school talent in the country. Catch them early and something may happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X