Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Central Region Exhibition Games

Not sure if anyone plays earlier than Friday, but I know the defending National Champions take on some team called Duke on Friday, which should be a truly interesting game. I could see Duke winning by 40 like they do every year, or I could see the Pitthuses hanging closer than usual and keeping it within 20. Should be really interesting.

Any other exhibition match-ups scheduled before Friday?

Re: 2017-18 Central Region Exhibition Games

Will be in attendance at Duke. Excited for the trip. I have said that keeping it within 40 points or keeping Duke under 100 should be considered a victory. At least we will have a decent chunk of the team from last year returning. I don't believe the last few teams have had much returning when they made the trip to Duke.

Comment

I would be tickled to keep it as close as DU did.

Comment

Duke 97 to 62 is my prediction

Comment

Think NW will keep it close and Duke wins 81-69.

Comment

NSIC exhibition schedule

Monday, Oct 23
            Minot State at Valley City State

Tuesday, Oct 24
            Mayville State at U-Mary

Wednesday, Oct 25
            Minot State vs. Dickinson State (in New Town, ND)

Thursday, Oct 26
            NSU at Arizona State

Saturday, Oct 28
            U-Mary at Gillette College

Monday, Oct 30
            Viterbo at Winona

Thursday, Nov 2
            CSP at Minnesota

Friday, Nov 3
            St Olaf at SMSU
            WSC at Wright State (OH)

Saturday, Nov 4
            UMC at Drake
            UMD at UW-River Falls
            USF at South Dakota
            UW-Eau Claire at WSU

Monday, Nov 6
            Valley City State at MSUM

Sunday, Nov 12
            U-Mary at South Dakota State
            Last edited by Stanger86; 10-23-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              NSIC exhibition schedule
              Saturday, Oct 28
              U-Mary at Gillette College
              I had never heard of Gillette College. Turns out that they are a junior college in Wyoming.

Learn something new every day.

Comment

Minot takes down the Valley City State Stolen Minnesota Vikings Logos by a score of 86-76.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                  Will be in attendance at Duke. Excited for the trip. I have said that keeping it within 40 points or keeping Duke under 100 should be considered a victory. At least we will have a decent chunk of the team from last year returning. I don't believe the last few teams have had much returning when they made the trip to Duke.
                  I think NW should be able to keep Duke under 100 due to pace. NW won't run with them so possessions should be down and Duke is not projected to be as efficient nor shoot as many 3s as they typically do. This is the tallest, longest team K has ever had. I expect NW to really struggle in this one. Obviously not crazy due to the difference in divisions and athletes. Duke is projected to have 5 2018 first round picks on this team. I expect Duke to focus on getting the ball in the paint, rebound and get out in transition. NW is going to see athletic size they have never seen before and never will again. Pitts v. Duval is going to be epic. It will be all 3s and Pitts floaters from NW on O. Hardest decision is deciding whether to wear NW green or Duke blue to the game... Leaning green. Maybe both. #culturewins

Comment

UCM plays Florida State Thursday I'm sure assistant coach Nate Johnson had a hand in that match. He played two years at FSU as a starter. It is an honor for Northwest to play Duke. Not sure how competitive either of these games will be but go out and having fun play free and safe.

Comment

The Wolves take on Arizona State tomorrow at 7 central time.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        I had never heard of Gillette College. Turns out that they are a junior college in Wyoming.

Learn something new every day.
                        During my short tenure as a coach I tried recruiting a couple kids from there.

Also, birth place of Sundance and Luke Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                          I think NW should be able to keep Duke under 100 due to pace. NW won't run with them so possessions should be down and Duke is not projected to be as efficient nor shoot as many 3s as they typically do. This is the tallest, longest team K has ever had. I expect NW to really struggle in this one. Obviously not crazy due to the difference in divisions and athletes. Duke is projected to have 5 2018 first round picks on this team. I expect Duke to focus on getting the ball in the paint, rebound and get out in transition. NW is going to see athletic size they have never seen before and never will again. Pitts v. Duval is going to be epic. It will be all 3s and Pitts floaters from NW on O. Hardest decision is deciding whether to wear NW green or Duke blue to the game... Leaning green. Maybe both. #culturewins
                          NW will get owned in the paint and on the boards. Looks like there is a possibility one of their projected starters may not play due to family reasons. We will see at tip-off.

Comment

Pitt State opens the Kim Anderson era with a trip to Allen Fieldhouse to play Kansas on Oct. 31.

Comment

Pitts goes off with about 38, Dougherty plays like he's 7'10", Ndow, Kurth, and Welty can't miss from outside. Hawkins bursts on to the scene with a monster night with about 18 and 12. NW beats Duke 82-76. Duke goes on to go 40-0 and win the Title. NW therefore is the best team in college basketball. The end.

Kidding of course, it's fun to pretend. Wish I could be in Durham tomorrow night. What a great opportunity for the Cats to play in arguably the best venue in college hoops. It's cool that Duke does this every year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X