Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWMSU

Re: NWMSU

Will Northwest be the first team to repeat as National Champs since Cal Bakersfield in 1994? I believe Bakersfield is the only team to repeat since KY Wesleyan in 1969. Very hard to repeat at any level but once in 48 years is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      Will Northwest be the first team to repeat as National Champs since Cal Bakersfield in 1994? I believe Bakersfield is the only team to repeat since KY Wesleyan in 1969. Very hard to repeat at any level but once in 48 years is unbelievable.
      That is unbelievable. Last year was a special season. They have the pieces to make a run, but will need a lot to go their way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
        That is unbelievable. Last year was a special season. They have the pieces to make a run, but will need a lot to go their way as well.
        Ben had a recent interview with NABC a month or so ago and he reiterated how much luck factors in to winning a Natty in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
          Ben had a recent interview with NABC a month or so ago and he reiterated how much luck factors in to winning a Natty in basketball.
          And it's become much harder over time. There's a lot more teams in D2 than there was in the mid 1990's. Don't know the exact numbers, but there's around 300 teams in D2 now. That's probably at least 50 more than there was 25 years ago.

Comment

You mean like getting a two-year starter from a good D2 program to transfer in?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              You mean like getting a two-year starter from a good D2 program to transfer in?
              Recruiting isn't luck. #culturewins

Having your star post player tear his achilles a few mins in to a regional final is bad luck.

There is no salt like NSIC basketball salt.

Comment

Recruiting isn't luck.
                Agree with this completely. Whenever coaching is discussed and I hear/read the comment, "Of course they're winning, look at the talent they have coming back this year" or "...look at the talent they brought in this offseason," I always think, Are you saying the coaching staff just stumbled its way into a roster talented enough to win at a high level? Assembling a strong roster is part of coaching. And making the most of the talent on that roster is another part of coaching. But they aren't separate, distinct variables. (Not saying this was specifically your point, Stanger, as I'm guessing you were more making a joke, but just discussing the topic in general.)

Comment

The true frosh from Manhattan, KS has the potential to battle for minutes if Pitts needs a break or is in foul trouble. His name slips me now, but he may see increased minutes as the season progresses.

It may take 6-10 games for this team to gel, considering the youth and addition of Withus. I think they will miss Mosby, Schneider and Woods leadership and defensive toughness and intelligence the most early on. Pitts may be called upon to put his Superman cape on earlier rather than later this season to allow everybody some time to figure out their roles.

Should be an exciting season!
                  #20 Trevor Hudgins. http://bearcatsports.com/roster.aspx...36&path=mbball

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X