Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Expectations will be low for the Wolves since the entire narrative has been that the Suns will win given the regular season series. I don't believe the Wolves will continue to turn the ball like they did in the regular season (it can't possibly get any worse) and the Suns jump shooting vs the Wolves has felt unsustainable. Finch will find a way to get Ant loose offensively. Wolves in 6.
    I feel cautiously optimistic. I see the series going 6 or 7 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I feel cautiously optimistic. I see the series going 6 or 7 games.
      A whole thing about missing Timberwolves talk and that's all you've got in you for a response? You've gotta have a little bit more in the tank than that, Stanger.

Comment

• Timberwolves are good. Not sure there is a better player in the NBA than Anthony Edwards.

Comment

• It was a treat to have Hubie Brown as analyst. He’s 90, that’s crazy.

Comment

• Augie gets a commitment from 6'10"Jacob Brandt from Hillsboro, ND.

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Brandt24/s...EBIr_fZXQ&s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              It was a treat to have Hubie Brown as analyst. He’s 90, that’s crazy.
              Listened to him at a clinic back in 1988. He was amazing. Used his last second full court play that he diagramed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post
                Augie gets a commitment from 6'10"Jacob Brandt from Hillsboro, ND.

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Brandt24/s...EBIr_fZXQ&s=19
                Coach Schilling just keeps reeling in fish left and right. Don't know much about Brandt except that Verbal Commits says his other offers are Bemidji, Mary, and Crookston, but I'm guessing Coach Schilling sees his potential. Looking forward to having him on board. Welcome to Augustana, Jacob!

Comment

• Augustana hires Nate Vogel as women's basketball coach. He had been at Texas A&M- Laredo (the Dustdevils).

Nate Vogel Tabbed as Augustana Women’s Basketball Coach - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Augustana hires Nate Vogel as women's basketball coach. He had been at Texas A&M- Laredo (the Dustdevils).

Nate Vogel Tabbed as Augustana Women’s Basketball Coach - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)
                    Vogel turned the tanker at his previous stop so that gives me hope about what he can at Augie. It's still preposterous that it took Augie this long to find a coach for what should be a high level D2 job.

Comment

• Between graduation and transfers Augustana men lost 7. There are 2 incoming freshmen and 4 transfers incoming. Perhaps Cody is looking for 1 more?

No shortage of height on this falls team.

6' 2" Hayden Brown
                      6' 2" Matt Eng
                      6' 2" Don Don Ferguson
                      6' 2" Tameron Ferguspn
                      6' 3" Awit Mamer
                      6' 4" Tanner Te Slaa
                      6' 6" Akoi Akoi
                      6' 6" Sam Rensch
                      6' 7" Caden Hinker
                      6' 7" Jack Hastreiter
                      6' 8" Conner Kraft
                      6' 9" Brady Helgren
                      6' 10" Jacob Brandt
                      Last edited by vikingfaithful; 04-23-2024, 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot Awit Mamer. Thanks AU Vikings

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Between graduation and transfers Augustana men lost 7. There are 2 incoming freshmen and 4 transfers incoming. Perhaps Cody is looking for 1 more?

No shortage of height on this falls team.

6' 2" Hayden Brown
                        6' 2" Matt Eng
                        6' 2" Don Don Ferguson
                        6' 2" Tameron Ferguspn
                        6' 4" Tanner Te Slaa
                        6' 6" Akoi Akoi
                        6' 6" Sam Rensch
                        6' 7" Caden Hinker
                        6' 7" Jack Hastreiter
                        6' 8" Conner Kraft
                        6' 9" Brady Helgren
                        6' 10" Jacob Brandt
                        Is Awit Mamer still committed? Also, I heard Cody say on a recent podcast that he would like 14-15 on his roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU Vikings View Post

Is Awit Mamer still committed? Also, I heard Cody say on a recent podcast that he would like 14-15 on his roster.
                          Glad you brought Awit Mamer up. Since he is not on Verbal Commits, I forgot about him. Looking at his twitter page it appears Awit is still committed to the Viks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            It's still preposterous that it took Augie this long to find a coach for what should be a high level D2 job.
                            Last year's coach really pulled a Mike Power. Hopefully for your sakes, it doesn't set you as far back as the Mustangs fell.

Comment

• Based on the fact that Awit Mamer isn't mentioned in this article I think it's safe to assume he won't be at Augie this fall.

https://goaugie.com/news/2024/4/26/m...ing-class.aspx

Comment

• I know there isn't much discussion of the women's team on this board, but I just watched a Dakota News Now story on the new coach, Matt Vogel. Seems like a logical hire.

What stood out to me was the news that there was a mass exodus after the season with only three players returning for next year. What the heck happened?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X