Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Akoi Akoi continues to show new aspects of his game, some really nice dribble drives this evening

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

First 6 foul calls*
    The streak ends when one of the other refs got wise and called the 9th foul

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

First 3 foul calls all Mark! He's still got it!
    First 6 foul calls*

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    BAW GAWWD THATS Mark Riggs music!!
    First 3 foul calls all Mark! He's still got it!

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    BAW GAWWD THATS Mark Riggs music!!

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Another loss but another one where Augie had control of the game for a good stretch. This team is further along than I thought they would be at this point of the season especially defensively. Miller The offense needs work, Graves especially has to at least threaten to drive to the hoop to get the opposing defense rotating.

It was nice to see Fink spend most of the night at the 3 vs the 4 he played over the weekend. He got more spot up looks but missed several shots he usually makes.

Akoi Akoi has been a revelation. Saturday he held his own with Joel Scott and tonight it was Jordan Janssen. All those years Akoi spent going against Dykman and Riemersma have started to pay off. His jump shot is fire and hes more under control with the ball than last season so when teams close out hard he can make the right play. It's an extremely small sample size but he's playing at an All Conference level right now.
    Excellent analysis on Akoi, great to see him step up in a leadership role. Loss to Wayne was closer than 8 points would indicate.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Weird to be in a learning/growing season following such a successful one in which our team was led by so many experienced upperclassmen who knew what they were doing. Tonight felt like we were on the verge of a beatdown when halftime hit and then we came out to start the 2nd half and looked like we were going to win by 20. Then, in a weird 2-3 minute stretch, we went from up 8-10 or so to down 6 and couldn't execute down the stretch to get back into it. Again, one of the challenges of having a team that's still learning the offense and defense as well as learning individual roles and responsibilities.

Saw flashes of what the future holds with Brady Helgren on a few possessions. Defensively, had several plays where his length affected/blocked shots. He also knocked down a 3 and had a possession with 2 seemingly impossible offensive rebounds he pulled in. Not necessarily world-changing, but I'm excited to see where he goes developmentally.

Akoi Akoi also seems to be developing nicely. The last couple of seasons we've seen flashes or stretches where he looks like a potentially special player, but it wasn't particularly consistent. If he can continue this season on the trajectory he's had the past few games (he missed the first two due to an injury of some sort, I believe), he could be a big factor in Augie's future success.

In general, it's weird to see the record at 2-3 to start the season, but it seems like we have some potential to be in a much better place by the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Another loss but another one where Augie had control of the game for a good stretch. This team is further along than I thought they would be at this point of the season especially defensively. Miller The offense needs work, Graves especially has to at least threaten to drive to the hoop to get the opposing defense rotating.

It was nice to see Fink spend most of the night at the 3 vs the 4 he played over the weekend. He got more spot up looks but missed several shots he usually makes.

Akoi Akoi has been a revelation. Saturday he held his own with Joel Scott and tonight it was Jordan Janssen. All those years Akoi spent going against Dykman and Riemersma have started to pay off. His jump shot is fire and hes more under control with the ball than last season so when teams close out hard he can make the right play. It's an extremely small sample size but he's playing at an All Conference level right now.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Psh...i put up those numbers in city league in high school....and wasn't near 6 foot...sounds like a bum. ;)
    While I'm sure that's 100% true and accurate, you aren't coming to play for Augie next year. So I guess we'll just have to settle for Bear and the other incoming 2023s.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    In news not related to tonight's game, incoming Viking Dallas Bear put up a decent game against incoming Viking Brayson Laube last night:

Solid stats for a 6'8" wing.
    Psh...i put up those numbers in city league in high school....and wasn't near 6 foot...sounds like a bum. ;)

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    In news not related to tonight's game, incoming Viking Dallas Bear put up a decent game against incoming Viking Brayson Laube last night:

Solid stats for a 6'8" wing.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    That was as encouraging of a loss as an Augie fan could have hoped for today. Akoi Akoi was amazing, Ryan Miller's perimeter defense caused havoc, Caden Hinker had a really nice stretch in the second half. BHSU hit some 3s and got more Joel Scott in the second half. They're a brutally efficient team on both ends and might make the NCAA answer the question "can you host a Regional in Spearfish, SD"

Augie has to find a way to get Fink better offensive looks, he wasn't put in the most advantageous of situations today. Some of that was BHSU scouting him correctly but I'm sure Tom will deploy him differently after looking at the shots he was forced into this afternoon.
    Yes, BHSU is definitely a good team. Msum looked they decided to let Scott get his 30+ and to try and guard the other 4 on the floor and take away the 3s. Plan almost work, but the BHSU pg ended up also having a day, which was the difference. Great early season game, which hopefully helped both teams get better in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    Haven't seen any of the four games. For those who have, does Fink look at all affected by the knee(?) surgery?
    I didnt notice any issues this weekend, I'm sure hes still getting his conditioning back to the right level.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied
    Haven't seen any of the four games. For those who have, does Fink look at all affected by the knee(?) surgery?

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    That was as encouraging of a loss as an Augie fan could have hoped for today. Akoi Akoi was amazing, Ryan Miller's perimeter defense caused havoc, Caden Hinker had a really nice stretch in the second half. BHSU hit some 3s and got more Joel Scott in the second half. They're a brutally efficient team on both ends and might make the NCAA answer the question "can you host a Regional in Spearfish, SD"

Augie has to find a way to get Fink better offensive looks, he wasn't put in the most advantageous of situations today. Some of that was BHSU scouting him correctly but I'm sure Tom will deploy him differently after looking at the shots he was forced into this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X