Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Season may be over, but a few more awards have rolled in. Huge congrats to Tyler Riemersma on being named to the NABC Division II All-America Team:

Full story here: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/22/m...l-america.aspx

Pretty big deal, as only 16 players total make that team. The only other player from the Central Region to make the team was Trevor Hudgins.

Also, Riemersma gets to play in the Reese's D2 All-Star game this Friday, which is cool:

Full story for that is here: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/22/m...star-game.aspx

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Also congrats to incoming Viking Caden Hinker on receiving the 2022 Spirit of Su award from the Argus Leader:

Info about the Spirit of Su award:
    Named in honor of Pine Ridge basketball star SuAnne Big Crow, who died in a car accident on her way to the Miss Basketball Banquet in 1992, the Spirit of Su award recognizes an outstanding senior basketball player from each class who exemplifies the life and achievements of Big Crow, through outstanding athletic ability, leadership, character, sportsmanship and grade point average.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Congrats to Coach Billeter on being named Central Region Coach of the Year and Tyler Riemersma on being named 1st Team All-District:

Full release here: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/21/m...rict-team.aspx

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    I've posted most of my thoughts on here throughout the year, so I don't have a whole lot more to say, but as Augieholic mentioned, this was a fairly unexpected year from this group. It was awesome to climb back to the top of the NSIC mountain when that wasn't necessarily the expectation. As mentioned in the post-game press conference I just posted, even if this group didn't get to the Elite Eight like we'd hoped, it does feel like they've done a lot to get the program back on track moving forward, which is something they can and should be proud of.

I also hope this group of seniors really showed the underclassmen what it takes to win. It sounds like the work ethic was there all season long, and hopefully it made an impact on this younger group. Between them needing to step up and the slew of freshmen we'll have coming in, it'll take some time to learn and adjust, but if the talent is there, the rest of it should follow (assuming nobody gets transfer portal-itis after their first year).

All in all, this season was a pleasant surprise. Outright conference champions isn't easy, but it's a great accomplishment whether you win the Regional or not. Similarly, advancing farther than any other NSIC team (or any team that our transfers left for...petty, I know...) in the postseason is also something to be proud of.

It's been fun watching this group of guys grow together and become as effective and efficient as they were, particularly on defense.

As has been mentioned, there's a lot to be optimistic about with our incoming recruits and the guys we have coming back if they work hard and grow in the offseason. Looking forward to seeing what the next phase of Augie basketball looks like in the coming years.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Got posted in the other thread by an NWMSU fan, but I appreciated the post-game interview with Coach Billeter and the seven seniors from the team:

You can tell this group and coaches all really care about each other. Good reminder that the game isn't always just about wins and losses on the court. Not that any Augie fans would've minded another win.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    What an incredibly surprising ride this team gave us. Walking into the gym tonight it was still surreal that Augie was hosting the final possible home game of the season. Riemersma, Dykman, Jamo, and Dylan gave it a helluva run which made it a winter full of fun in the 'Gon. After several frustrating seasons it was awesome to get back into and host these unbelievably meaningful games.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Have Midco plus added to my roku device, so I can watch game on TV.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Congrats to Tyler Riemersma on being named COSIDA Academic All-America Team Member of the Year:

https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/15/m...-the-year.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Btech#3
    replied
    Thank you. We will hit one of those spots. Prolly the zblue Rock Bar

Leave a comment:

• NSUguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
    Need some suggestions on where to pre-game before our game with Minn-Duluth at 2:30. Need a place that is relatively close to the arena, has cold beer and good food. We will be arriving at around noon into Sioux Falls today. Thx.
    Crooked Pint Ale House is fairly close and Blue Rock Bar and Grill is almost in the Pentagon parking lot.

Leave a comment:

• Btech#3
    replied
    Need some suggestions on where to pre-game before our game with Minn-Duluth at 2:30. Need a place that is relatively close to the arena, has cold beer and good food. We will be arriving at around noon into Sioux Falls today. Thx.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Congrats to Augie's Tyler Riemersma on being named to the D2CCA All-Central Region Team: https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/11/m...al-region.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    The only players I feel comfortable calling starters for next year are Fink, Loge, and Helgren. Anything beyond that is up in the air. Obviously there will be lots of holes to fill and I would expect an experienced PG to be a priority whenever this season ends.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    On a radio broadcast Billeter stated he will be looking for 1 or 2 more recruits.
    Billeter at least is trying. Hadn't checked Verbal Commits in a while. Turns out Augie has an offer out to a point guard from Omaha:

Chandler Meeks - Hudl

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Tom may have a balancing act next season, he will have to keep this talented frosh group engaged and happy while satisfying any transfers and current players The drive to win always comes first. Good problems to have.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X