Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Culture

Re: Transfer Culture

I'm hearing the NCAA is moving toward doing away with the 1 yr sit for D1 transfers. Personally, I think this will turn all levels below power 5 into a farm system.

Either way, the main driver of the transfer phenomenon is our culture at-large. Kids today expect instant gratification much much more than previous generations and their willingness to hear truth is lower than it's been in the past. Nothing the NCAA is going to do will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
      I'm hearing the NCAA is moving toward doing away with the 1 yr sit for D1 transfers. Personally, I think this will turn all levels below power 5 into a farm system.
      I hear that they want to get this passed but everytime it comes up for a vote, there's a Div. II coach from MN who goes into a long rambling philabuster and everybody eventually leaves the building.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        I hear that they want to get this passed but everytime it comes up for a vote, there's a Div. II coach from MN who goes into a long rambling philabuster and everybody eventually leaves the building.
        I think you mean filibuster- but we get the point.

Comment

Either way, the main driver of the transfer phenomenon is our culture at-large. Kids today expect instant gratification much much more than previous generations and their willingness to hear truth is lower than it's been in the past. Nothing the NCAA is going to do will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            Matt Reimer and all his transfers that still can't win?? ;)

Comment

For whatever they decide- I think that if a coach leaves, or is fired, that a player should be able to leave too. My reasoning is because if they are stuck there, they may have to play, or worse not get to play, in the new system.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                Matt Reimer and all his transfers that still can't win?? ;)
                SCSU currently has 2 Div I drops on its roster, and one really doesn't count as he was at Ball State as a student and last year got in to 10 games for a total of 16 minutes. The other one, well is Gage Davis, enough said. :) I'm just going to assume that Marganthaler has a couple more than that.

Comment

Coaches don't have the power to unilaterally pull a scholarship in the NCAA. The ultimate decision rests with a panel of faculty members at the school should the player decide to appeal.

If you think this is coach driven, I'd disagree with that 100%. Coaches haven't gotten more strict or more demanding over the last 20 years. For every transfer I see that was instigated by a scholarship pulled, I see 8 that are player driven....and that's not just outgoing, it's incoming as well.

Comment

The ultimate decision rests with a panel of faculty members at the school should the player decide to appeal.

Comment

More than you might think. The point is, the coach doesn't have the final decision.

The axe you have to grind with coach Hesser predictably comes out. Although, since he has won a national championship, graduates all his players, and is a top 10 D2 coach in wins and winning percentage (i.e., tops in everything that coaches get evaluated on), I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he knows a little more about coaching than you do.

Would love to know what team you root for, as you seem to willingly overlook players leaving teams other than Drury. What's the deal with the players leaving Central this past year....is that an embarrassment for the school?

And, btw, the "transfer phenomenon" is much larger in D1 than it is in D2. Maybe Hesser coaches all those teams too and I just didn't realize it?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X