Re: NSIC Scores and Standings (11/15)

Originally posted by laker View Post
      MACtion
      Love me some MAC!

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        Graceland/Augie is one to watch
        Only six minutes in, but Augie down 17-14. This is the one to watch tonight.

As a bonus is that Votava? If so he just used a towel to wipe the court and then wiped his face with it....haha, that's fitting.
        Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 11-16-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Only six minutes in, but Augie down 17-14. This is the one to watch tonight.

As a bonus is that Votava? If so he just used a towel to wipe the court and then wiped his face with it....haha, that's fitting.
          Votava and Levi Pearson, a fitting delight.

If you thought Augustana's defense hit rock bottom Tuesday night you were wrong theyre down 8 to Graceland with 250 left in the 1st half.

Comment

Just had a glorious Votava moment.....calls Spencer for a block after Jordan was forearm shivered. The whole crowd and Texas Tom loses their mind. Next time down the court Doug mouths "I missed that" to Billeter.

Comment

Hard to swallow that we are about to lose to Graceland.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                Just had a glorious Votava moment.....calls Spencer for a block after Jordan was forearm shivered. The whole crowd and Texas Tom loses their mind. Next time down the court Doug mouths "I missed that" to Billeter.
                That seems to be about right. Hypothetical....wpuld you rather a ref admit later at being wrong or just to go on with confidence trying to do better. (As we know they can't be perfect).

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Hard to swallow that we are about to lose to Graceland.
                  Good thing it was only on a neutral court since you didn't play at the Arena ;)

Comment

That seems to be about right. Hypothetical....wpuld you rather a ref admit later at being wrong or just to go on with confidence trying to do better. (As we know they can't be perfect).
                    I'd much rather have them admit that they were wrong.

District playoff game. We are ahead the whole way. The other team gets the ball with 5 seconds. I tell my team not to foul. Loose ball on the floor. Ref calls a foul with 1 second to play. 90% FT shooter makes the one and one. We throw the ball full court- shot goes around three times and goes out. We lose by one.

On the way home, the ref tells his partner "I never should have blown the whistle". The next time that I saw him I smiled and shook his hand. Never gave him any crap.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      I'd much rather have them admit that they were wrong.

District playoff game. We are ahead the whole way. The other team gets the ball with 5 seconds. I tell my team not to foul. Loose ball on the floor. Ref calls a foul with 1 second to play. 90% FT shooter makes the one and one. We throw the ball full court- shot goes around three times and goes out. We lose by one.

On the way home, the ref tells his partner "I never should have blown the whistle". The next time that I saw him I smiled and shook his hand. Never gave him any crap.
                      I feel the same. Heat of the moment things will always seems much more intense. I had a person on my route tell me a story. Basically, a young ref blew a game for a team (coach). Years later this coach has his daughter bring a guy home saying they were dating or married (details don't matter). The point his the daughters dad knew his face right away, chewed his arse for that call, wouldn't shake his hand and didn't speak to him that whole visit. Haha.

I know it isn't exclusive, but it totally sounds like a perfect story of small town, upper Midwest hoops country.

Comment

Well at least that travshamockery of a defeat by Augie won't directly kill the only poll that matters, the final regional rankings.

Comment

It's way early, and again, this is a reckless prediction. But I did feel this would be a year that the North has an edge on the South, that is near as reckless as saying I think Crookston and Minot finish top 8 of the conference...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X