X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Pickem: Week 2 Chat

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Southwest 82, St Cloud 59
    I thought I saw Simple next to the bleachers sporting a nice red jacket holding a brown paper bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
      Gabbie Bohl has 18 points in the first half as Mary leads Augie women 35-34 at the break.

In other words, giving up huge numbers to competent post players is vintage Krauthketball.
      Bohl hangs 30, Augie prevails by 15. Winners win.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        Bohl hangs 30, Augie prevails by 15. Winners win.
        If they can do that when giving up 40 to Jill Conrad, I'll buy the beers

Comment

A big road sweep for the Mavs tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
            If they can do that when giving up 40 to Jill Conrad, I'll buy the beers
            Probably be more Ristau, but take your pick I guess. ;)

Comment

A big road sweep for the Mavs tonight
              Definitely. 83-81 victory for the Mavs. It's been a while since MSU won both games on the Winona/UIU trip.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                I thought I saw Simple next to the bleachers sporting a nice red jacket holding a brown paper bag...
                Well, if that brown paper bag had a bottle in it, it would have been empty by the end of this one, and if it was empty at the start if would have been full of vomit by the end. The way they played over the last 34 minutes, would have made anyone sick.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  Well, if that brown paper bag had a bottle in it, it would have been empty by the end of this one, and if it was empty at the start if would have been full of vomit by the end. The way they played over the last 34 minutes, would have made anyone sick.

Comment

Yeah, that would have been a great option.

He was a pretty good offensive player. Scored pretty well and at times at will.

Comment

Yeah, that would have been a great option.

He was a pretty good offensive player. Scored pretty well and at times at will.
                      It is sad to see a young person who, if they would have played it out the right way, could have really made a solid career as a player and thus turned it into so many solid opportunities in the business world.

Really tough for the teammates too. . . opportunity to make some real noise in the NSIC may have just been taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by WildHorses View Post
                        Really tough for the teammates too. . . opportunity to make some real noise in the NSIC may have just been taken away.
                        It was only their first loss of conference play and Gage has only played in one game this year. They have solid wins over MSU and USF on their resume already. I wouldn't count out the Huskies.....

Comment

It was only their first loss of conference play and Gage has only played in one game this year. They have solid wins over MSU and USF on their resume already. I wouldn't count out the Huskies.....
                          Yeah, hopefully it was only one game and they can bounce back from it. But it did shine a light on their main deficiency, lack of wing scoring. I think that something that may have been a problem for them was on Friday night when Sean Smith hit 3 threes against USF and now he wants to go outside and shoot 3's. You're 6'8" and jump very well, get your a$$ down in the post and go to work.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully it was only one game and they can bounce back from it. But it did shine a light on their main deficiency, lack of wing scoring. I think that something that may have been a problem for them was on Friday night when Sean Smith hit 3 threes against USF and now he wants to go outside and shoot 3's. You're 6'8" and jump very well, get your a$$ down in the post and go to work.
                            I was surprised by that too. Pregame our radio guys talked about how Smith is a load, but I really didn't see that. Could've just been a bad matchup, I don't know.

Comment

Player of the Week contenders after last night:

North
                              Jon Averkamp (SCSU) 27pts-8reb-4ast
                              Adam Heede-Anderson (SCSU) 18pts-10ast
                              Harrison Cleary (UMC) 31pts-5reb-3ast
                              Tyler Rudolph (Minot) 15pts-16reb-3ast

South
                              Trevon Evans (USF) 32pts-2reb-6ast
                              Ryan Bruggeman (SMSU) 21pts-8reb-4ast
                              John Warren (Augie) 21pts-7reb-6ast-4stl
                              Carson Parker (UIU) 16ps-7reb-7ast
                              Brendan Matthews (CSP) 20pts-11reb-5ast
                              Final Contenders (with weekend averages)

North
                              Tyler Rudolph (Minot) 22.5pts-12reb-2.5ast
                              Harrison Cleary (Crookston) 25pts-4reb-3ast

South
                              Trevon Evans (USF) 29pts-4reb-3ast
                              Drew Guebert (USF) 24.5pts-5.5reb
                              John Warren (Augie) 25pts-5.5reb-5.5ast-3stl
                              Chris Kendrix (Kato) 12.5pts-11reb
                              Cameron Kirksey (Kato) 16pts-5reb-1.5blk
                              Ryan Bruggeman (SMSU) 15.5pts-5.5reb-7ast

The North is pretty cut and dry as Rudolph had another big weekend while going 2-0 and with Gage seemingly out of the picture the NSIC POY race might already be over. Picking a POW from the South is a challenge as Mankato had a big road sweep but did it with such balance that no one had a standout weekend statistically. Meanwhile Bruggeman gave us a second verse same as the first to follow up last week's POW during a road sweep. That leaves Evans, Geubert, and Warren with big numbers on teams that went 1-1 and both wins came over the sludge of the conference. Speaking without a hint of bias I'm going to give it to Warren for his impact across the box score and the work he did limiting Rudolph's offensive impact on Friday night. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see Bruggeman get the actual honor.

Comment

Final Contenders (with weekend averages)

North
                                Tyler Rudolph (Minot) 22.5pts-12reb-2.5ast
                                Harrison Cleary (Crookston) 25pts-4reb-3ast

South
                                Trevon Evans (USF) 29pts-4reb-3ast
                                Drew Guebert (USF) 24.5pts-5.5reb
                                John Warren (Augie) 25pts-5.5reb-5.5ast-3stl
                                Chris Kendrix (Kato) 12.5pts-11reb
                                Cameron Kirksey (Kato) 16pts-5reb-1.5blk
                                Ryan Bruggeman (SMSU) 15.5pts-5.5reb-7ast

The North is pretty cut and dry as Rudolph had another big weekend while going 2-0 and with Gage seemingly out of the picture the NSIC POY race might already be over. Picking a POW from the South is a challenge as Mankato had a big road sweep but did it with such balance that no one had a standout weekend statistically. Meanwhile Bruggeman gave us a second verse same as the first to follow up last week's POW during a road sweep. That leaves Evans, Geubert, and Warren with big numbers on teams that went 1-1 and both wins came over the sludge of the conference. Speaking without a hint of bias I'm going to give it to Warren for his impact across the box score and the work he did limiting Rudolph's offensive impact on Friday night. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see Bruggeman get the actual honor.
                                I am just excited about MSU being 4-0 in the conference at this point with the 4 teams they've played. Kendrix provides an excellent all around game, I think we'll see a lot of weekends like this one for him statistically but likely never gaudy enough for POW. Same with Kirksey (this year at least). He's gonna be a beast the next couple of years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X