Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern knocks off Northwest MO again!

Yes!

Re: Southern knocks off Northwest MO again!

83-77 victory tonight in Joplin, #1 goes down.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

2 years in a row! Awesome job Lions!!!

Comment

I'm petitioning the MIAA to never schedule Northwest Missouri at Missouri Southern ever again. #CursedGym
          All joking aside, great job by the Lions. 57% from the field and 58% from 3 in the second half against a great defense. Well earned win for MoSo.

Comment

As usual, Justin Pitts was unbelievable. 31 points and totally unstoppable in the closing minutes. I was alternating between cheering and holding my breath at the end. Glad the Lions were sinking their free throws in the longest two minutes I have ever witnessed. Glad we won't have to see Justin Pitts in Joplin again!

Comment

Uh oh....

Comment

See folks- it can be done.

Comment

Oh for the love of Christ, it happened again!

Ugh.

Congratulations, Southern. That's honestly amazing. I wish it were Coach Corn because I just really like that guy. Nothing against the current coach, btw. I'm impressed.

Comment

Congrats to Southern. After an early season funk for NW defensively, they had been playing extremely well until tonight. Will they bounce back and learn from this or is this more representative of the team they are this year? While I still think they may lose another game or two, I lean heavily toward they will learn from this and bounce back. We'll see tomorrow.

Hopefully this season is a mirror image of last season. One loss to Southern on the road and win every other game would be just fine.

Comment

With 9:30 to play in the first half, it was 18-4 Northwest Missouri. Nearly every Southern shot was heavily contested for those first 10 minutes.

The Bearcats' largest lead was 21-6 before an MSSU reserve hit a 3 at the 7:01 mark. By the half it was 30-27 Bearcats with that 3 igniting a 21-9 spurt by the Lions.

Southern's largest lead was 63-53 with 6:45 left. Northwest went on a 10-0 run to pull even with 3:19 to go.

The Lions then went on a 9-1 run to build a 72-64 lead over the next couple of minutes, leaving one minute to play. That was 45 second half points to that point in the game.

The teams combined for 24 points in the game's final minute. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                        With 9:30 to play in the first half, it was 18-4 Northwest Missouri. Nearly every Southern shot was heavily contested for those first 10 minutes.

The Bearcats' largest lead was 21-6 before an MSSU reserve hit a 3 at the 7:01 mark. By the half it was 30-27 Bearcats with that 3 igniting a 21-9 spurt by the Lions.

Southern's largest lead was 63-53 with 6:45 left. Northwest went on a 10-0 run to pull even with 3:19 to go.

The Lions then went on a 9-1 run to build a 72-64 lead over the next couple of minutes, leaving one minute to play. That was 45 second half points to that point in the game.

The teams combined for 24 points in the game's final minute. Wow!
                        That is hard for my brain to process.

Comment

I doubt anyone is more excited about this upset than NSU4LIFE. It's going to be a shame when the Vikes come into Wachs Arena next weekend and shatter his hopes and dreams. :)

Comment

Shock and awe. Congrats MoSo

How did the MSSU defense handle Pitts? Man to man with the same guy shadowing him all night, a variety of guys, did they zone? Did they make a conscious effort to stay home on his teammates and "let" Pitts get his?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                              83-77 victory tonight in Joplin, #1 goes down.
                              This is the best news! Makes my weekend trek back to the 'Deen this weekend even more exciting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X