Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team travel in different conferences

Just curious as to how teams travel in the different conferences. I know that typically the NSIC plays Friday, Saturday games and the GAC and MIAA play Thursday, Saturday games. My question is, do teams travel the next morning in the NSIC or do they leave for final destination after their Friday night game? Do teams in the other two conferences stay out on Friday or do they return home after the Thur. game?

Re: Team travel in different conferences

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
    Just curious as to how teams travel in the different conferences. I know that typically the NSIC plays Friday, Saturday games and the GAC and MIAA play Thursday, Saturday games. My question is, do teams travel the next morning in the NSIC or do they leave for final destination after their Friday night game? Do teams in the other two conferences stay out on Friday or do they return home after the Thur. game?
    I don't know for sure, but it seems most of the time on the post-game radio shows, Coach Billeter mentions getting on the bus and hitting the road after the Friday night games.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        In the NSIC, they leave after the games. Morning shootarounds and the like would be more complicated if you're making the 3-hour drive from Aberdeen to Moorhead, for example.

Comment

With the exception of the last weekend of December, the NSIC is Friday/Saturday, just like the NCC was for most of time that I watched it except for the tail end when they went Thursday-Saturday. I can remember going to some Wednesday NIC games in Marshall so I assume that was a Wednesday-Saturday schedule.

Have they ever considered more Saturday/Sunday scheduling or are they figuring they would get back to late on Sunday night?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            With the exception of the last weekend of December, the NSIC is Friday/Saturday, just like the NCC was for most of time that I watched it except for the tail end when they went Thursday-Saturday. I can remember going to some Wednesday NIC games in Marshall so I assume that was a Wednesday-Saturday schedule.

Have they ever considered more Saturday/Sunday scheduling or are they figuring they would get back to late on Sunday night?
            I think to do that, they'd have to go early Sunday afternoon instead of evening, but then except for the last month it would conflict with NFL football and hurt attendance.

No matter what, there's going to be some sort of scheduling conflict. Personally, I think the current setup is the best way to go.

Comment

I remember back when WSC first joined the NSIC (along with Concordia) in 1999 the league played Wednesday/Saturday IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                I remember back when WSC first joined the NSIC (along with Concordia) in 1999 the league played Wednesday/Saturday IIRC.
                Looks to be right about when it changed. 1999-2000 was first year of Fri-Sat scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  Looks to be right about when it changed. 1999-2000 was first year of Fri-Sat scheduling.
                  As a kid I liked the Wednesday games, but it makes a lot more sense with the expanded conference to cut down on travel by doing the travel partners and Friday and Saturday games. As an adult taking kids to practice every night, but Wednesday it's nice to have a break on Wednesday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X