Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Tournament Wed night MBB chat

Mavs defeat a much-improved Moorhead State team in a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
      Mavs defeat a much-improved Moorhead State team in a close game.
      And the roller coaster career of Tanner Kretchman ends in a whimper.

I've been fairly critical of Jordan Spencer's shot selection this season but the second half tonight was his finest of the year-16 points on 5-8 FG, 1-1 3pt, 5-8FT, 5ast, 4 steals-given the circumstances. He carved up a Bemidji defense by finally taking advantage of that first step for the first time in months. Once Tom paired that resurgance with a small ball lineup featuring Warren at the 4 the Vikings were able to string together the necessary stops.

On to a matchup with a Mustang team Augie outscored by 7 points over 80 minutes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        And the roller coaster career of Tanner Kretchman ends in a whimper.

Not sure if that was a real cheap shot at kretchman or not...also not sure I would call his career a roller coaster. Been a very good player his entire career. Won a ton of games his first three years. This year obviously huge disappointment, but he handled it with class even though senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Not sure if that was a real cheap shot at kretchman or not...also not sure I would call his career a roller coaster. Been a very good player his entire career. Won a ton of games his first three years. This year obviously huge disappointment, but he handled it with class even though senior year.
          The dude saw it all during his four years, from the Elite 8 to regular season titles to one of the worst teams in the league. Outside of former Mav Connor O'Brien, I cant think of anyone else who has seen those peaks and valleys within four years. The other part of the ride was how the seasons ended so abruptly in '16 (a team decimated by injury) and '17 (an NSIC crown tainted by unbelieavably early NSIC and NCAA Tourney exits). Above all else I'm jealous he got to be boys with Scorch the Magic Dragon.

Comment

On to a matchup with a Mustang team Augie outscored by 7 points over 80 minutes this year.
            Didn't help last year that Augie outscored em by 16 over 80 minutes in the regular season....

Comment

The dude saw it all during his four years, from the Elite 8 to regular season titles to one of the worst teams in the league. Outside of former Mav Connor O'Brien, I cant think of anyone else who has seen those peaks and valleys within four years.
              The current senior class from Southwest is close, though not quite to the extremes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                Mavs were fortunate to win. Didn't play very good defense again. Disinterested in the first half was being kind.

Survive and advance.

Comment

St. Cloud ran WSC out of the gym......I expected that. However, I expected a better season this year out of the Wildcats. A tad disappointed I am.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X