Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The focus turns to the Pentagon (Sat. through Tues. NSIC Chat)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The focus turns to the Pentagon (Sat. through Tues. NSIC Chat)

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Common sense does not have seat in a politically correct household.
    correct.

I have heard Sanford as the main sponsor wants the men's games last. Will be interesting to see if it gets changed or not as money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
      You have a great president down there and I bet she will probably agree with you. But, it doesn't mean it will/should change.
      You are correct. There are many moving parts to this. All I know is the attendance gets killed by this set up. Everyone knows it. The reality is Sanford and Sioux Falls might chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        Hey, at least we still have Joey in St. Paul. Keeping that possible Goliath under wraps every year. :)
        amen

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Please provide evidence that game times announced months ago cost the tournament 2,000 fans today.

What if some of the motivation for Sanford to drop the bag for this tourney was to support/promote mens and womens basketball equally? South Dakotans love a few things beyond reproach: chislic, video lottery, and basketball regardless of gender. USD and SDSU fans support womens basketball like few mid major fan bases and Augie/Northern are consistently top 10 in attendance for D2.

I understand that minds wont be changed by this stream of consciousness but that doesnt mean that the NSIC is making a colossal mistake by treating both genders equally.
          well, Upper Iowa/ Kato outdrew Kato / NSU even with Northern's best fan base in the league and it being a short drive

Last year SMSU had 2500 for the semi game. This year 500.

Between those 2 fan bases in Aberdeen and Marshall there were 1000 fans a game who couldn't or wouldn't take the whole day off.

The attendance for the women's games were 177 and 1024.

Look they can run it like they want, but then admit attendance isn't important.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
            well, Upper Iowa/ Kato outdrew Kato / NSU even with Northern's best fan base in the league and it being a short drive

Last year SMSU had 2500 for the semi game. This year 500.

Between those 2 fan bases in Aberdeen and Marshall there were 1000 fans a game who couldn't or wouldn't take the whole day off.

The attendance for the women's games were 177 and 1024.

Look they can run it like they want, but then admit attendance isn't important.
            You conveniently left out that SMSU's semifinal last year was against Augie, so comparing that 2500 vs yesterday's 500 is not apples to apples. A fair comparison is probably the SMSU-UIU final that had 1300 in attendance.

Comment

So, who all will be there tonight? Be fun to say hi to my Augie friends so they can out a face to the name of the person they'd like to punch

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
                Honestly, I think they just wanted to copy the Summit League which does a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday tourney in Sioux Falls. Prior to moving to Sioux Falls it was a Wednesday, Saturday, Friday, Saturday format.
                Not about copying the Summit, but about not running it at the same time as the Summit.

Comment

In this day and age of fiber, I will be hogging some bandwidth to watch. I hate Bruggeman (because he doesn't look like much, but is so sneaky good).
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                    In this day and age of fiber, I will be hogging some bandwidth to watch. I hate Bruggeman (because he doesn't look like much, but is so sneaky good).
                    He is very good, he and Moen sell the you know what out of anyone that breathes on them, and Moen never stops arguing with officials, that is my only beef. Going to be a fun atmosphere though. Wolves out drawing SMSU for sure, but we need to make some noise.

Comment

Everyone gets to enjoy the incompetant arrogance of NSIC ref Mark Riggs (bald one)

Comment

Absurd shooting going in right now...

Also Wolves getting help from their South Dakota State friends here in full force

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Not about copying the Summit, but about not running it at the same time as the Summit.
                          I doubt the one day of overlap on the first day of the Summit would be a big deal.

Comment

This is a beautiful game

Comment

NSU lights out shooting so far.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                Everyone gets to enjoy the incompetant arrogance of NSIC ref Mark Riggs (bald one)
                                Reminds me of the dude from Night Court

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X