Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scheel Resigns at NWMSU

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    No disrespect to Boschee at all, but his accomplishments as a head coach aren't anywhere close to the same as Steve Hesser.
    You are correct, I just meant both were D2 coaches and was giving Kudos to Hesser, but the last two years have been atypical in results per his history at Drury.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
      You are correct, I just meant both were D2 coaches and was giving Kudos to Hesser, but the last two years have been atypical in results per his history at Drury.
      No question, although he's back in the tournament this year for the 9th time in his 14 years at DU. The last couple years were considered "down" to the folks at Drury who expect to be in the tournament every year, although Hesser was still a combined 37-18 in that timeframe.

Honestly, I wouldn't be all that worried about MSU hiring a D2 coach. The folks at MSU have unrealistic expectations even though they haven't been to the Dance in almost 20 years. Hiring a D2 coach, especially one from in-state, would probably be too much for them to swallow...especially if their AD is doing the hiring. He's a big-timer who hasn't made a good hire yet.

Comment

Comment

Is Adam Dorrel leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Is Adam Dorrel leaving?
            worse than that

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
              Buck Scheel resigns as Head Coach of the Northwest Missouri State Women's Basketball Team: http://bearcatsports.com/news/2018/3...asketball.aspx

I am a little surprised, thought he would get more time since this year's team was so Freshman dominated.
              awww, geez . . . don't say it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                worse than that
                How bad is JP hurt? Is he out for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                  How bad is JP hurt? Is he out for the year?
                  Yes

Comment

The University of Pittsburgh just parted ways with Head Coach Stallings, a big name coach could find Springfield a good spot for a Redemption Tour. Obviously not a spot for a MIAA coach in Central Missouri to go for Redemption I say tongue in check.
                    Pittsburgh was so bad this season (0-18 in ACC play), Pitt State could probably have beaten them.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Rumor mill has Austin to MoWo men, NW women or going w/Ben but no rumors as to taking NW men spot. Anyone have any news they can share?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        Rumor mill has Austin to MoWo men, NW women or going w/Ben but no rumors as to taking NW men spot. Anyone have any news they can share?
                        I would say it's up to Ben if Ben stays in order for Austin to be a head coach be would be the one to accept another job. Out of Curiosity what is the difference between a D2 women's head coach and a D2 mens first assistance or associate head coach. Probably very competitive. If Ben moves up and Austin goes with him a D1 assistant makes as much or more than a lot of D2 head coaches.

Comment

I would say it's up to Ben if Ben stays in order for Austin to be a head coach be would be the one to accept another job. Out of Curiosity what is the difference between a D2 women's head coach and a D2 mens first assistance or associate head coach. Probably very competitive. If Ben moves up and Austin goes with him a D1 assistant makes as much or more than a lot of D2 head coaches.
                          Don't know the widespread relationship, but two examples in South Dakota state school system where salaries are available:

Black Hills State: Men's Head Coach $66,000; Women's Head coach $68,000; both top assistants $35,000
                          Northern State: Both head coaches $85,000; Both top assistants $47,000

(I rounded to the nearest $1,000)

So, seems to be not much difference in D2 Men's vs Women's

Just for comparison sake:

SDSU: Men's Head Coach $325,000; Women's Head Coach: $225,000; Men's top assistant $85,000; Women's top assistant $66,000
                          USD: Men's Head Coach $275,000; Women's Head Coach: $185,000; Men's top assistant $72,000; Women's top assistant $72,000

Probably not typical D1s, but just the info. that I know how to access.

Comment

Thanks for the info, actually I figured that the men's and women's salaries at D1 would have a monetary difference and thought D2 would also. In the power 5 conferences D1 assistants get much more for instance at Missouri Michael Porters dad got 1.3 million for three years and he is not even the top assistant. So if a D2 head coach could become a D1 assistant in one of those conferences it would have financial benefits and would be a step toward a head coaching job at that level.

Comment

Thanks for the info, actually I figured that the men's and women's salaries at D1 would have a monetary difference and thought D2 would also. In the power 5 conferences D1 assistants get much more for instance at Missouri Michael Porters dad got 1.3 million for three years and he is not even the top assistant. So if a D2 head coach could become a D1 assistant in one of those conferences it would have financial benefits and would be a step toward a head coaching job at that level.

Comment

Yeah, I know even Kenya Hunter as an assistant at Nebraska (not traditionally a basketball school) is making around $250,000 and Miles is just over $2 Million there as head coach. So, yeah Power 6(Big East) is a very different animal than places like the Summit League, Horizon League, The Valley, etc. but those Power 6 jobs are more difficult to come by up here than they might be for coaches in MIAA, playing in the Big 12's back yard.

Non power 6 head coaches making over $1 million are: Gregg Marshall, Mark Few, Mick Cronin(Cincy), Mark Rhoades(VCU)

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

That list is not exhaustive, but gives a good indication of D1 pay for head jobs any way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X