• East vs. West Challenge coming to Sanford Pentagon

https://www.sanfordpentagon.com/news...le/show/936286

Re: East vs. West Challenge coming to Sanford Pentagon

Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      Cool!
      I was waiting for someone else to post as I am boycotting Swisher due to his traitor-like avatar change, haha

This is cool, I dont hate it. I always thought they should do a big basketball extravaganza like this adding all the schools of SD. Not crossing over levels but just a big weekend showcasing college hoops in SD, SDSU/USD included. Heck, you could even add in the ND schools, play it at centrally located NSU and make a party out of it. It wont happen but for the people of the State of Hoops, itd be outstanding. I hope I dont have to eat crow, but I wouldn't expect Augie and NSU to struggle too much with the west river schools as they havent exactly had a great transition to D2

Comment

Sounds like some Sioux Falls Sun conference home cooking to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          I was waiting for someone else to post as I am boycotting Swisher due to his traitor-like avatar change, haha

This is cool, I dont hate it. I always thought they should do a big basketball extravaganza like this adding all the schools of SD. Not crossing over levels but just a big weekend showcasing college hoops in SD, SDSU/USD included. Heck, you could even add in the ND schools, play it at centrally located NSU and make a party out of it. It wont happen but for the people of the State of Hoops, itd be outstanding. I hope I dont have to eat crow, but I wouldn't expect Augie and NSU to struggle too much with the west river schools as they havent exactly had a great transition to D2
          It's just so perfect to have an event like this, with two Division II teams on the west end of the state and two Division II teams on the east end of the state.

I actually don't love the rotating venues though. Why are BHSU and NSU the only two allowed to host games at their home venue? I suppose Augie is the defacto host at the Pentagon so I'm not too upset over that, but what about Mines? As currently scheduled, you have three games out east and only one in the west.

Comment

It's just so perfect to have an event like this, with two Division II teams on the west end of the state and two Division II teams on the east end of the state.

I actually don't love the rotating venues though. Why are BHSU and NSU the only two allowed to host games at their home venue? I suppose Augie is the defacto host at the Pentagon so I'm not too upset over that, but what about Mines? As currently scheduled, you have three games out east and only one in the west.
            Perhaps there is a revenue split and they know how many would com to the Barnett Center.

Comment

The Cougars say hello from the east side of the state.

In all seriousness, I don't follow basketball enough, or really at all, but I found it a little odd that USF was not a part of this East-West Challenge. Especially considering our history with playing BHSU and SDSMT during the transitions and in the past. Odd man out with 5 D2s in SD? Likely.

I am a fan of the NSIC-MIAA challenge. Seems to work well for regional ranking purposes. Not sure if this replaces that for NSU and AU or simply adds some more games.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                I always thought they should do a big basketball extravaganza like this adding all the schools of SD. Not crossing over levels but just a big weekend showcasing college hoops in SD, SDSU/USD included. Heck, you could even add in the ND schools, play it at centrally located NSU and make a party out of it. It wont happen but for the people of the State of Hoops, itd be outstanding. I hope I dont have to eat crow, but I wouldn't expect Augie and NSU to struggle too much with the west river schools as they havent exactly had a great transition to D2
                I really like this idea. South Dakota's version of Hockey Day in Minnesota. Maybe Midco or heck even the network stations would be on-board to broadcast stuff all day. Make an event outta it. Hockey Day in MN seems to be very well received.
                2016 NSIC Champions
                🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                  Well now I feel stupid....

Once Augie moves up to Division I, USF can slide into its place and my post would be accurate.

Comment

Well now I feel stupid....

Once Augie moves up to Division I, USF can slide into its place and my post would be accurate.
                    Someone needs to keep the Sioux Falls Sun Conference dream alive!
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Someone needs to keep the Sioux Falls Sun Conference dream alive!
                      It makes me beam with pride that my Sioux Falls Sun Conference name is sticking! This will be a thing!

Comment

In all seriousness, I don't follow basketball enough, or really at all, but I found it a little odd that USF was not a part of this East-West Challenge. Especially considering our history with playing BHSU and SDSMT during the transitions and in the past. Odd man out with 5 D2s in SD? Likely.
                        Two obvious reasons USF was excluded:
                        1) Augie and Northern have sponsorship deals with Sanford and this event will be played at the Sanford Pentagon when it is in Sioux Falls. USF has a sponsorship deal with Avera
                        2) Northern leads the country in D2 attendance every year and Augie is top 5 consistently. Meanwhile USF has middle of the road attendance among NSIC schools.

What's ironic is USF should have the best record of all South Dakota D2 schools this coming season. If they dont make the Regional this season it probably wont happen before the school goes bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          1) Augie and Northern have sponsorship deals with Sanford and this event will be played at the Sanford Pentagon when it is in Sioux Falls. USF has a sponsorship deal with Avera
                          2) Northern leads the country in D2 attendance every year and Augie is top 5 consistently. Meanwhile USF has middle of the road attendance among NSIC schools.

What's ironic is USF should have the best record of all South Dakota D2 schools this coming season. If they dont make the Regional this season it probably wont happen before the school goes bankrupt.
                          Bankrupt...They are AU enemy in sports but those are harsh words, unless you have information that I do not have.

Comment

Ahhh forgot about Sanford/Avera angle. Makes sense.
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Getting a little snarly in Sioux Falls!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X