Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIAA Goal is to have no non-con games in Basketball games, too ...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Goal is to have no non-con games in Basketball games, too ...

... Adding Rogers State -

Maybe I'm old-school, or salty, but I don't see the reason for adding non-football schools ... OR having an 80 team conference ... Someone enlighten me ...

Re: MIAA Goal is to have no non-con games in Basketball games, too ...

14 schools instead of 13 for basketball. Stay at 12 for football. I'm sure the thinking was that by adding a non football school they get to an even number for basketball and stay at an even number for football.

Comment

I agree with you Randy, that surely had a lot to do with it.

On that subject though, why in the heck are there some Saturday's when only 12 teams play instead of all 14? The schedule should be pretty straightforward- 7 games on Saturday, following 7 games that were played either Wed, Thursday or Friday depending on travel situations.

As all on here know by now, I really don't like the MIAA schedule maker.

Comment

Again - should be all or none with football ... Institutions that fund football are at a disadvantage ...

Comment

What in the heck is a Rogers State?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
            What in the heck is a Rogers State?
            Fred?

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
              Again - should be all or none with football ... Institutions that fund football are at a disadvantage ...
              Why?

Comment

I hear that the Newman Jets are coming in too. Won't that make it an odd number again? Remove Lindenwood...add Rogers...add Newman????

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Man View Post
                  I hear that the Newman Jets are coming in too. Won't that make it an odd number again? Remove Lindenwood...add Rogers...add Newman????
                  No sir as Southwest Baptist is jumping out also!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    Why?
                    because they don't have to fund football ...

Comment

because they don't have to fund football ...
                      But their budgets usually aren't as big either so it's not like they're taking $1 million from football and spending it on basketball instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        But their budgets usually aren't as big either so it's not like they're taking $1 million from football and spending it on basketball instead.
                        I think you mis-understand how much of an expense football is, but that's OK ... Basketball is the #1 sport, hands-down at a non-football school, and is funded to the best of that school's ability. Not so at football schools.

If you don't see how it's different, I'm not sure what we can say to convince your otherwise.

Comment

I think you mis-understand how much of an expense football is, but that's OK ... Basketball is the #1 sport, hands-down at a non-football school, and is funded to the best of that school's ability. Not so at football schools.

If you don't see how it's different, I'm not sure what we can say to convince your otherwise.
                          No I think if anyone knows the expense of football it would be me.

I simply think the "advantage" that non-football schools have in the other sports is overblown or non-existent. It's not as if every school has the same budget and those that don't have football have a million more to throw at basketball.

I looked at the numbers at the average non-football school spends $4,073,153 while the football schools spend $5,333,394. While that could be because of many factors, I think it shows that football schools spend more because of football and the non-football schools don't have extra money to throw at the other sports because their budgets aren't as high.

I'd be curious..... what non-football school would you fear joining and dominating the MIAA?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X