Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-2019 Winona State Warriors Thread

Anyone know if the Warriors have some early season injuries? I noticed Caleb Wagner, Connor Flack, Carter Larson and Isaiah Walden did not play last Tuesday against Loyola.

Re: 2018-2019 Winona State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by The Craigler View Post
    Anyone know if the Warriors have some early season injuries? I noticed Caleb Wagner, Connor Flack, Carter Larson and Isaiah Walden did not play last Tuesday against Loyola.

Comment

What, if anything, did we learn from the two exhibition games?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
        Pretty tough to learn anything when you are so grossly overmatched.

Comment

Kevion Taylor is a dark horse NSIC POY candidate

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Kevion Taylor is a dark horse NSIC POY candidate
            He is a talented player although I don't know if one performance is enough to make him a dark horse POY. Loyola really clamped down on WSU in the first half holding them to 22 points. They were not as successful with Kevion Taylor, however, as he was able to score 22 points.

Comment

Sounds like Connor Flack is out for the year with a knee injury. Caleb Wagner broke his foot, but is back practicing.

Comment

Last night was not a promising start to the regular season. Looked out of sorts on offense most of the night and were a bit slow rotating on defense a number of times allowing the Griffs good open looks. Hopefully they can get healthy and get a rotation locked down.

Tough news on Flack. He would have been a great help to this team. He is a good defender and has some versatility.

Comment

Last night was not a promising start to the regular season. Looked out of sorts on offense most of the night and were a bit slow rotating on defense a number of times allowing the Griffs good open looks. Hopefully they can get healthy and get a rotation locked down.

Tough news on Flack. He would have been a great help to this team. He is a good defender and has some versatility.

Comment

Northwest Missouri 46 - 23 over Winona State at the half.

Comment

Comment

Agree with everything you state above and you should still be optimistic...but a few more lackluster performances and is it time to ask whether the squad may be a little overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                          Agree with everything you state above and you should still be optimistic...but a few more lackluster performances and is it time to ask whether the squad may be a little overrated?
                          A little overrated? Based on this weekends performance the only logical conclusion at this time is they stink. There is no excuse for a veteran team to come out of the chute like this. Both games they started in big holes. Offense needs better ball movement. Defense needs to hustle more in guarding the three point line; among other things obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            I didn't realize they were rated? Which poll is this in? I have high expectations because this staff has told people all around that athletic department and in the paper for the last 4 years about how they have had to rebuild and they have to get "their players" in the system. The first year they had 3 - 1,000 point scores and couldn't win. Ok well they said the talent wasn't their. I disagreed but I could see after how bad of a situation occurred where that might happen. So then we have the next year where they started to get guys in they wanted. It has been a building process and they have been able to improve so now this is the year. No more waiting around. This program was a top 5 program in the country for 8-10 year arguably. Its time they get it going and get it done. They have horse, they have a schedule up coming that allows them to win 20 plus games again. No more excuses its go time.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                              I didn't realize they were rated? Which poll is this in? I have high expectations because this staff has told people all around that athletic department and in the paper for the last 4 years about how they have had to rebuild and they have to get "their players" in the system. The first year they had 3 - 1,000 point scores and couldn't win. Ok well they said the talent wasn't their. I disagreed but I could see after how bad of a situation occurred where that might happen. So then we have the next year where they started to get guys in they wanted. It has been a building process and they have been able to improve so now this is the year. No more waiting around. This program was a top 5 program in the country for 8-10 year arguably. Its time they get it going and get it done. They have horse, they have a schedule up coming that allows them to win 20 plus games again. No more excuses its go time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X