X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC/MIAA in Mankato

Last edited by MisterWizard; 11-01-2018, 02:29 PM. Reason: Correction

Re: NSIC/MIAA in Mankato

I might be at both Friday games. Saturday the Mavs host Upper Iowa at noon in football, so I'll be at that across Stadium Road. Maybe stay for the second game if I'm not worn out, frozen or soaking wet.

Comment

I'm looking forward to my return trip to Mankato next weekend. Might even catch some of that football tailgating!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
        I'm looking forward to my return trip to Mankato next weekend. Might even catch some of that football tailgating!
        Give me a holler if you see me staggering around. Maybe I'll wear a gold Lakers cap on Friday- that may have been how you picked me out at the Regional. Augieholic knew who I was right away. So did Squatty Bod, who has been missing so long that we should put his picture on a milk carton.

Comment

I'll be making my first ever trip to Mankato. Looking forward to seeing some great basketball!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
            I'll be making my first ever trip to Mankato. Looking forward to seeing some great basketball!
            Not a bad seat in the house. You will be able to pretty much take your pick. It could use a replay board and I've had issues with the speaker system but the place is a D2 palace. There are places to eat within walking distance east of the Taylor Center.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Not a bad seat in the house. You will be able to pretty much take your pick. It could use a replay board and I've had issues with the speaker system but the place is a D2 palace. There are places to eat within walking distance east of the Taylor Center.
              Are there any specific eating places that you recommend we try?

Comment

Depending on your tastes:

Jake's Pizza- right down Stadium Road. The first time that I was there was 1970. Good thin crust pizza.

http://jakesstadiumpizza.com/

Pagliai's Pizza downtown.

http://www.pagliaismankato.com/

Charley's- if you want fine dining this is my favorite place.

http://charleysrestaurantmankato.com/

Bradley's is right across the street:

https://bradleysonstadium.com/

So is Weggy's:

http://www.weggysoncampus.com/

Zanz's. Not fancy at all, but if you want something different, try their cheese chilito. I've never had them anywhere else that could compare.

http://www.zanzmexicanrestaurant.com/

Comment

Laker is right about the availability of seating. You should be able to pick whatever seat you want to sit in. Especially on Friday in the St. Cloud game. I'll be sitting under the basket on the St. Cloud end of the floor, stop by and say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                    Laker is right about the availability of seating. You should be able to pick whatever seat you want to sit in. Especially on Friday in the St. Cloud game. I'll be sitting under the basket on the St. Cloud end of the floor, stop by and say hello.
                    Will you be wearing your Zubaz?

Comment

Mankato has a Wendy's, god bless them.

There's a ton of food places in town, I've only sampled a handful. Like laker mentioned, Weggy's is located in the University Square which is walking distance from the Taylor Center. They probably have the best "Mavericks" atmosphere out of any place I've been too.

Other than that, I've had Rounders, Ummies, and Pagliai's - all of which are located down on the famous Front Street in downtown. I only went to Pagliai's because I'm an unashamed Green Day fan, but the pizza was pretty good. Rounders and Ummies are sports bars with the typical fare and I like both of them.

That section of the city has a ton of offerings though - one of the many things I like about Mankato. I have yet to sample most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                        Rounders and Ummies are sports bars with the typical fare and I like both of them. .
                        As a man who considers a stiff drink as a double chocolate milk I would be the last guy to tell people about the bars. Someone else will have to chime in on those.

Comment

As a man who considers a stiff drink as a double chocolate milk I would be the last guy to tell people about the bars. Someone else will have to chime in on those.
                          Well - sports bar and grill. I couldn't care less about the booze, as long as they sell burgers and they keep the cold Mountain Dews coming, I'll be there.

Comment

Will you be wearing your Zubaz?
                            No Zubaz, but shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              Well - sports bar and grill. I couldn't care less about the booze, as long as they sell burgers and they keep the cold Mountain Dews coming, I'll be there.
                              A man cut from my own cloth. Never cared for alcohol but if you got a good burger and Dew in my hands and I'm set for life

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X