• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wayne State 2018-19 Thread

Originally posted by wsc94 View Post
    regarding #1 ...thanks for not asking my wife about being a jerk
    # 2 great point!
    #3.....................I could be wrong but it seemed UNK got a lot of omaha and Lincoln and out state players. What WSC got the past 15 yrs was unimpressive. I am not sure if Tom Kropp retiring is changing this? or I am all wet. We went after Iowa hard. Doug Mcdermott and Rico Burkett both came from there. Paul Combs went after Wisconsin and everywhere else which turned out poor for WSC . I am not sure what Brian Dolans emphasis was ? It did not work.
    #4 Kendall Jacks is in his 5th year....it is unbelievable he never left. He can think back in 10 yrs and be real proud of staying and building things back up.

I heard a post game interview with USd's new coach Todd Lee and he was throwing players under the bus. Those USD players lost their coach and star player in the last 6 months. Scott frost has done the same at Neb. ....................The kids who have change in coaches and teammates do not have it easy. many times it is bad decisions by athletic directors that let them down.
    I hadn't really thought about this, but yes, WSC is very fortunate that Kendall Jacks chose to stick it out. It was becoming apparent that Dolan was probably not going to work out by the time Jacks got the medical red shirt his sophomore year. Jacks had shown enough as a true freshman that he could have picked from numerous suitors to transfer, possibly even to a low level D1 like UNO or USD. I'm sure any D2 school would have welcomed him.

The thing I really appreciate about Jacks is that he doesn't seem to need the spotlight. There are nights when he scores 20 and is the focal point of the offense, and then there are other nights where other players have the hot hand or draw the better match up and Jacks seems content to pass and play defense, taking only a handful of shots. He knows that he doesn't need to force things on nights where his teammates have better opportunities. Many seniors with his abilities would demand a lot more shots, but he makes the team stronger by passing some of them up, or by serving as the decoy. I don't know if Jacks (or anyone) from the Wildcats will make all-conference this year because the gaudy stats won't be there. However I do know that Jacks is one of the big keys to the success WSC is having.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X