Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Means NSIC Basketball Season Has Arrived

Mustangs will be young, in the first year of their 5-year cycle. No seniors on the team, so the group has time to grow together. I don't expect a ton of wins, but the whole conference seems down so maybe they'll surprise.

Comment

I have questions about a lot of teams, but by far the most pressing one is if St Cloud is going to roll with only 7 people on their roster this season?

https://scsuhuskies.com/roster.aspx?...94&path=mbball

Is Matt Reimer playing games with the millions AND MILLIONS of us who scour NSIC rosters this time of year? Is their SID basic and his fall sports bias is shining through? Or is assistant Chad Welk's work as a sleeper agent on behalf of Augustana finally complete?

Comment

I think its down to 5 as 2 from last year have left I believe. I guess its all a big secret as no one is being let in on the who's on the roster information. I think that those 5 will be pretty competitive though especially if Matt allows the Schuemer(sp) kid be the player that I know he can be. :)

Comment

And just like that, they are up to 14

Comment

Matt is just trying to please his Augie fans on here.
            8 if the 14 are newcomers, we have a Marganthaler special, a Sr. transfer. Lots of guards, going to have to play like a donut with no middle. I love Diamond, but he showed last year that he wants nothing do with the middle. We could have some of the biggest guards in the league with our 6'8" Sr. Spaniard, and our 6'7" Sr. guard from Norway. Definitely have an international taste to the team with players from Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, Australia, Ukraine and Norway on the team. None from that foreign power South Dakota though. :) That along with 4 from Illinois, 2 from MN, and 1 each from California and Iowa. Could be some growing pains in St. Cloud this year.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
              Matt is just trying to please his Augie fans on here.
              8 if the 14 are newcomers, we have a Marganthaler special, a Sr. transfer. Lots of guards, going to have to play like a donut with no middle. I love Diamond, but he showed last year that he wants nothing do with the middle. We could have some of the biggest guards in the league with our 6'8" Sr. Spaniard, and our 6'7" Sr. guard from Norway. Definitely have an international taste to the team with players from Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, Australia, Ukraine and Norway on the team. None from that foreign power South Dakota though. :) That along with 4 from Illinois, 2 from MN, and 1 each from California and Iowa. Could be some growing pains in St. Cloud this year.
              Wealth of Nations they are...I hope nobody tells Matt that Minnesota has some pretty good high school basketball...

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                And just like that, they are up to 14
                SCSU staff and/or SID thank you for confirming your loyalty to the message board. All are welcome.

Comment

My next question about NSIC teams..........

Why is Cameron Kirksey, a reigning All NSIC performer, not a captain?

https://twitter.com/MinnStateMBBall/...386775552?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    My next question about NSIC teams..........

Why is Cameron Kirksey, a reigning All NSIC performer, not a captain?

https://twitter.com/MinnStateMBBall/...386775552?s=19
                    Probably because Matt was in a bad mood and didn't like the color of shirt Cameron's chose to wear that day.
                    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 10-01-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Probably because Matt was in a bad mood and didn't like the color of shirt Camerson chose to wear that day.

Comment

Ooof, I'm not sure I recognize a single name on that SCSU roster. Check that, I know about Adelman from watching his recruiting on twitter. But I think that's it.

Comment

Onwuka was a starter last year, Marshall averaged just a titch under 20 and Schuemer averaged 7 minutes. All 5 returners bring us back 60 minutes per game of playing time.

Comment

Today's question is about a team who was wronged by the Regional Committee last year......Wayne State.

Will Jeff Kaminsky be able to construct an elite defense without Kendall Jacks, Vance Janssen, and Trevin Joseph? I love watching Kaminsky growl, snarl, and grunt his way around the sideline so I hope his currently unknown 2019-20 roster gives him something to work with.

Comment

Doubt it. Carlos graduated early and left the team for his job at NASA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X