Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Region Game Thread (12/19/16)

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
    First round is on me, laker.
    You are on. And I'll spring for that Walmart AT cap.

Comment

Northwest off til New Years Eve. Wonder if their freshman, 6'7" Ryan Welty is keeping his shooting arm in a sleeve between now and then? Went 9-9 from 3 on Saturday and set a MIAA record with 14 consecutive 3's made. The kid can flat out shoot the rock. Pitts has to love the addition of him to the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Winona cannot compete with what they have left. They have five players who are D2 worthy. Three are guards. The other two that play are also guards. Domask brings little and Wagner should be red shirting or playing down a level. It's very bleak.
        Bleak is a great word to describe the current situation. They have 3 1000 point scorers on the roster but can't be competive nightly in a league that is down considerably from where it usually is. The lack of up and coming players is alarming. I can never remember a WSU roster that didn't have 1 freshman or sophomore that was not a guy you could peg to carry the team for years to come. The lack of skill sets of these younger guys is terrible. Gone are the multi skilled/ multi position guys that used to be up and down the roster. I don't get it how it got to this and so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
          Arkansas Tech gets a big road win in Joplin, defeating Missouri Southern 103-92.

Alex Brown blistered the nets with 32 points on 14-20 from the field and 4-8 from three. Grant Prusator scored a career-high 23 points on 7 three-pointers as well.

By far and away the best game I've seen Tech play all year. Not bad considering they had two main rotation guys out with concussions as well.
          Alex Brown was very impressive. MSSU could not guard him and he could not miss. MSSU could not keep anyone from driving to the hoop and could not cover Grant Prusator at the 3 point line. Does not bode well for when we play NWMSU in early January. Our defense will have to improve!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X