Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Region Game Thread (12/19/16)

How about we get more inclusive and check in with the whole region instead of just the NSIC? Never too late to start region speculating (although NWMSU is almost running away with it at this point).

We've got some interesting matchups tonight. Winona State plays Upper Iowa for the second time in three days and Arkansas Tech playing at Missouri Southern. I'm in Joplin tonight. I might update when I can, but I'll be pretty busy during regulation.

Re: Central Region Game Thread (12/19/16)

I don't think we've ever really limited discussion to just the NSIC. Sometimes it gets going in the pick'em chat thread, but it's not like the other two conferences aren't welcome to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I don't think we've ever really limited discussion to just the NSIC. Sometimes it gets going in the pick'em chat thread, but it's not like the other two conferences aren't welcome to join in.
      Well, as a GAC guy, I am offended at all the NSIC posts! Damn Yankees! lol ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
        You southerners get offended so easily...move north and build some thicker skin! It helps when the temps drop to -30 too....

Comment

Sounds like Bauman is hurt. The announcers seem to be indicating that it might be a serious injury, but I'm not sure how much they can tell from where they're sitting. As much as I'm not a WSU fan, even I'm starting to feel bad for you guys at this point as far as injuries and whatnot go. Hope it's nothing too serious for Bauman.

Comment

Trevin Woods hit a buzzer-beating three at the end of the 1st half to give Arkansas Tech a 48-46 lead over Missouri Southern in Joplin.

Great game if you love offense, awful game if you love defense. Arkansas Tech can't stop Missouri Southern on the offensive glass, Missouri Southern can't guard the ATU guards.

Comment

MSU swept Waldorf. Women 82-59, men 102-57. Fuqua had 20. Didn't see Patty's name in the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                You southerners get offended so easily...move north and build some thicker skin! It helps when the temps drop to -30 too....
                It is funny how it gets down into the 40s down here and everyone complains how cold it is. Meanwhile, I'm walking around in a t-shirt and polo like it's no big deal. lol

Comment

I'm unfriending you!

Oh, the next time I see you, let's go out for chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Sounds like Bauman is hurt. The announcers seem to be indicating that it might be a serious injury, but I'm not sure how much they can tell from where they're sitting. As much as I'm not a WSU fan, even I'm starting to feel bad for you guys at this point as far as injuries and whatnot go. Hope it's nothing too serious for Bauman.
                    Bauman went to the locker room on crutches. We now basically have a rotation of six. If another big goes down I would imagine a redshirt will need to be burned.

Winona started strong with great energy. It faded. Down three at half. Carson Parker is on fire from three with 19. Finally missed one at the end of the half. Jeffs had a bonehead technical after a block which seemed to accelerate the deaccelerstion. He was playing great before that.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      I'm unfriending you!

Oh, the next time I see you, let's go out for chocolate milk.
                      First round is on me, laker.

Comment

Arkansas Tech gets a big road win in Joplin, defeating Missouri Southern 103-92.

Alex Brown blistered the nets with 32 points on 14-20 from the field and 4-8 from three. Grant Prusator scored a career-high 23 points on 7 three-pointers as well.

By far and away the best game I've seen Tech play all year. Not bad considering they had two main rotation guys out with concussions as well.

Comment

Upper Iowa 95 Winona 82. Strange: lose by 18 at home a couple days ago and return with a 13 point road win.

Comment

Arkansas Tech gets a big road win in Joplin, defeating Missouri Southern 103-92.

Alex Brown blistered the nets with 32 points on 14-20 from the field and 4-8 from three. Grant Prusator scored a career-high 23 points on 7 three-pointers as well.

By far and away the best game I've seen Tech play all year. Not bad considering they had two main rotation guys out with concussions as well.
                            Very impressed with the performance by the Wonder Boys tonight. Had lots of uncontested makes, but some huge buckets with almost unbelievable moves against some tight defense as well.

Were you at the game Toucan?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                              Upper Iowa 95 Winona 82. Strange: lose by 18 at home a couple days ago and return with a 13 point road win.
                              Winona cannot compete with what they have left. They have five players who are D2 worthy. Three are guards. The other two that play are also guards. Domask brings little and Wagner should be red shirting or playing down a level. It's very bleak.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X