Clear All

• NABC Division 2 All American Team.

Dalton Bolon, West Liberty, 6-4, Junior, Guard, Gnadenhutten, OH

Jordan Floyd, King, 6-2, Senior, Guard, Stone Mountain, GA

Qua Grant, West Texas A&M, 6-1, Sophomore, Guard, Waxahachie, TX

Kylan Guerra, Thomas Jefferson, 6-0, Senior, Guard, White Plains, NY

Brett Hanson, Florida Southern, 6-2, Senior, Guard, Manchester, NH

Cam Martin, Missouri Southern State, 6-9, Junior, Forward, Yukon, OK

Mark Matthews, Nova Southeastern, 6-6, R-Senior, Guard/Forward, Bonita Springs, FL

Courvoisier McCauley, Lincoln Memorial, 6-5, Sophomore, Guard, Indianapolis, IN

Selom Mawugbe, Azusa Pacific, 6-10, Senior, Center, Canyon Country, CA

Malik Miller, IUP, 6-4, Senior, Guard, Farrell, PA

Kyle Monroe, Michigan Tech, 6-5, Senior, Forward, Green Bay, WI

Joel Murray, West Texas A&M, 6-0, Sophomore, Guard, Rowlett, TX

Brandon Myer, Minnesota Duluth, 6-8, Senior, Forward, Superior, WI

Tyrell Roberts, UCSD, 5-11, R-Sophomore, Guard, Sacramento, CA

Andrew Sischo, Daemen. 6-9, Junior, Center, Guilderland, NY

Jake Van Tubbergen, Grand Valley State, 6-7, Junior, Guard/Forward, Holland MI

How do neither Trevor nor Hawk make it for Northwest?

Originally posted by A-TownBearcat View Post

How do neither Trevor nor Hawk make it for Northwest?[/I]
    Complete and utter joke. Martin is more than deserving but how does he make it but not the MVP of the league he plays in?!?!

Comment

Whatever system is used to come up with the all American team should be disbanded tomorrow and/or whomever was responsible for the selections should never be allowed to be involved again if they leave Hawkins and Hudgins off the team. Not even a difficult call on either of those two players. Just embarrassing for those in charge.
      Last edited by Moorhead123; 03-24-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I agree with the fact that it is "highway robbery" that the Hawkins and Hudgins were left off the All-American team. I did some analysis on the stats of each member of the 2020 All-American team. First of all, they are all deserving. I am not going to discredit any of the 16 players that were selected. However, Hawkins averaged 22.7ppg and 7.4rpg and those numbers exceeded 5 other members of the All-American team. I compared Hudgins stats to other guards on the team. His 19.6ppg and 5.9apg exceeded 2 members of the team. Most of the guys that made the team filled up the stat sheets with rebounds and points. There were only 5 members that were elected based on their points and assists as far as I can tell. You can't point to win-loss either. NWMS was 31-1. Lincoln Memorial that had McCauley on the team and West Texas A&M that was 32-1 had two on the team (Grant & Murray). They were the only two teams that had a slightly better record. I don't understand why West Texas has two members and NWMS had none. Makes no sense. There were two members that had unique stats that were probably selected on their overall game. Guerra from Thomas Jefferson averaged 15.6ppg, 5.3rpg and 5.3 apg and Matthews from Nova Southeastern averaged 22ppg, 7.1rpg and 5.2apg. Lastly, another stat really stuck out to me, Mawugbe from Azusa Pacific averaged 16.9ppg, 10.4rbp and over 3 blocks per game. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Whatever system is used to come up with the all American team should be disbanded tomorrow and/or whomever was responsible for the selections should never be allowed to be involved again if they leave Hawkins and Hudgins off the team. Not even a difficult call on either of those two players. Just embarrassing for those in charge.
          The system is that each region gets 2 selection and those selections come from the coaches in those regions. So the people to be upset with would be the coaches in the region as they were the ones to vote on this. There is no one else that votes or has any say. Pretty simple process. My guess is they are all sick of NWMS winning everything, thus they lost out on the popularity contest. I consider the NABC list to be the best one because usually the coaches know who the best players actually are and vote accordingly.

Side note nice to see West Texas with 2 more All Americans. That is 4 different players with All American honors in just 6 seasons. These 2 being sophomores so they have a good opportunity over the next couple years to keep adding on. WSU sure knew what they were doing when they chased off Brown and Gove.
          Last edited by fanofnsic; 03-25-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

It's a poor process. Any process that assumes every region is equal is flawed. I doubt they care but they should be embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
              My guess is they are all sick of NWMS winning everything, thus they lost out on the popularity contest. I consider the NABC list to be the best one because usually the coaches know who the best players actually are and vote accordingly.
              If your speculation in the first sentence is correct then it completely nullifies the second.

Comment

The system is that each region gets 2 selection and those selections come from the coaches in those regions. So the people to be upset with would be the coaches in the region as they were the ones to vote on this. There is no one else that votes or has any say. Pretty simple process. My guess is they are all sick of NWMS winning everything, thus they lost out on the popularity contest. I consider the NABC list to be the best one because usually the coaches know who the best players actually are and vote accordingly.

Side note nice to see West Texas with 2 more All Americans. That is 4 different players with All American honors in just 6 seasons. These 2 being sophomores so they have a good opportunity over the next couple years to keep adding on. WSU sure knew what they were doing when they chased off Brown and Gove.
                Then the system is a joke....because every coach in the country knows Hawkins and Hudgins are all American players. For example, one of the actual named all American guard/wing players shot 22% from 3 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                  I agree with the fact that it is "highway robbery" that the Hawkins and Hudgins were left off the All-American team. I did some analysis on the stats of each member of the 2020 All-American team. First of all, they are all deserving. I am not going to discredit any of the 16 players that were selected. However, Hawkins averaged 22.7ppg and 7.4rpg and those numbers exceeded 5 other members of the All-American team. I compared Hudgins stats to other guards on the team. His 19.6ppg and 5.9apg exceeded 2 members of the team. Most of the guys that made the team filled up the stat sheets with rebounds and points. There were only 5 members that were elected based on their points and assists as far as I can tell. You can't point to win-loss either. NWMS was 31-1. Lincoln Memorial that had McCauley on the team and West Texas A&M that was 32-1 had two on the team (Grant & Murray). They were the only two teams that had a slightly better record. I don't understand why West Texas has two members and NWMS had none. Makes no sense. There were two members that had unique stats that were probably selected on their overall game. Guerra from Thomas Jefferson averaged 15.6ppg, 5.3rpg and 5.3 apg and Matthews from Nova Southeastern averaged 22ppg, 7.1rpg and 5.2apg. Lastly, another stat really stuck out to me, Mawugbe from Azusa Pacific averaged 16.9ppg, 10.4rbp and over 3 blocks per game. Pretty impressive.
                  You also have to consider their efficiency on offense. Hawkins and Hudgins both shoot very high percentages.

Comment

Based on this logic the West Texas guys shouldn't count their chickens since the coaches in the region will get tired of them being chosen and will just pick some other players from the region instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

If your speculation in the first sentence is correct then it completely nullifies the second.
                      Couldn't be said any better

Comment

Yeah, a regional selection with a limit of 2 per is the only way this is explainable. Coaches in the MIAA probably voted for Hudgins (since he won POTY) and Martin. Coaches in other conferences probably weren't going to vote for two MIAA players, and Martin had the better scoring and rebounding stats so a lot of them voted for him. Doesn't make it right, obviously, but that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Those dynamics make it all the more amazing to me that WTAM got two players on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                          Yeah, a regional selection with a limit of 2 per is the only way this is explainable. Coaches in the MIAA probably voted for Hudgins (since he won POTY) and Martin. Coaches in other conferences probably weren't going to vote for two MIAA players, and Martin had the better scoring and rebounding stats so a lot of them voted for him. Doesn't make it right, obviously, but that's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Those dynamics make it all the more amazing to me that WTAM got two players on the team.
                          That's why the only thing that makes sense is a roster limit. That's the only rule.

When we pick our AA teams, there are two rules:

- 100 roster limit
                          - 1st/2nd/HM

Those are the two rules. Everything else is up for debate and discussion.

To not be able to recognize that one region or conference is tougher than others is asinine.

It's also asinine to not acknowledge the possibility that the best 15 kids are not on the 15 best teams. It's unlikely, but it's also true. In this case, leaving out Hudgins and Hawkins was about the players themselves, not the success of the team on which they played.

Comment

18 players on the list. 8 regions times 2 players each equals 16. Curious about the discrepancy, anyone know? Ties in the voting? Two at large picks?

Comment

Right up there with trading Ruth for a Broadway play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X