X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Huge additions for Winona. They may now be the favorite in the south and certainly in the discussion for one top team in nsic in my opinion.
    This is where part of me wants to jump in and comment that if Augie lives up to expectations (rather than the colossal tanking they experienced this January), I still like the team we have to be competitive for that top spot. That being said, I felt that way for two years leading up to this season--as NSU4LIFE so graciously pointed out a few weeks ago--and that didn't come to fruition as hoped.

I'd like to think that what the Vikes return, combined with whatever else they bring in this offseason, we will be competitive for that top spot in the South, but this past season has certainly put more doubt in my mind than I was expecting. If King and Dillon come in right away and gel with the rest of what the Warriors bring back, they should definitely be near the top. Then again, we've also seen the Mavericks bring in seemingly high-level D1 transfers (like Juwan McCloud) and have those players fail to live up to expectations too.

To the point someone made in the other thread, there haven't been a ton of D1 transfers in Eisner's era. Should be interesting to see how he brings them into the mix. Obviously he's had several JUCO transfers, so it's not totally foreign, but they will certainly be one of the most interesting teams to watch throughout next season.

Assuming we have a next season.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Huge additions for Winona. They may now be the favorite in the south and certainly in the discussion for one top team in nsic in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• The Craigler
    started a topic 2020-2021 Winona State Warriors

2020-2021 Winona State Warriors

Wow! 2 D1 transfers incoming for Winona State. Owen King and Alou Dillon from South Dakota State.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X