Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid 19 starting to affect 20-21

Well, with the announcement today by the California State University system of virtual learning on their campuses for the Fall Semester with minimal students on campus until at least Winter Semester. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educati...ester-n1205691
    That kills all of their Fall sport and probably their Winter ones also as most of them would start practicing in the Fall.
    It affects the following Div. II CCAA Chico, San Francisco, Humboldt, Pomona, Los Angeles, Stanislaus, East Bay, Dominguez Hills, Sonoma, San Bernadino, San Marcos and Monterey Bay and the following Div I's San Jose, San Diego, San Louis Obispo, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Fullerton, Northridge and Bakersfield across 4 conferences Big West - 4, Mountain West - 3, WAC and Big Sky 1 each.
    This is not good

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Well, with the announcement today by the California State University system of virtual learning on their campuses for the Fall Semester with minimal students on campus until at least Winter Semester. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educati...ester-n1205691
    That kills all of their Fall sport and probably their Winter ones also as most of them would start practicing in the Fall.
    It affects the following Div. II CCAA Chico, San Francisco, Humboldt, Pomona, Los Angeles, Stanislaus, East Bay, Dominguez Hills, Sonoma, San Bernadino, San Marcos and Monterey Bay and the following Div I's San Jose, San Diego, San Louis Obispo, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Fullerton, Northridge and Bakersfield across 4 conferences Big West - 4, Mountain West - 3, WAC and Big Sky 1 each.
    This is not good
    Only loss out of this is not being bale to watch my Fresno State DAWGS! It is disappointing and is cutting into my optimism so that is enough out of your for today.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Only loss out of this is not being bale to watch my Fresno State DAWGS! It is disappointing and is cutting into my optimism so that is enough out of your for today.
      Putting that fine NSU education to use I see. :)

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Putting that fine NSU education to use I see. :)
        Caught between saying you or being wordy and saying your pessimism...sue me. You guys could probably use the funds. ;)

Comment

Comment

Ok I'll put my 2 cents in. Why would any teams play when $$$$ is not coming in from fans,tv or streaming. Or all the other ways wouldn't it be better to focus on getting an education and if possible keep the year of eligibility then later use it for grad school or if needed to graduate. I would rather take less chances with crowds and try to keep my day to day activities more normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Ok I'll put my 2 cents in. Why would any teams play when $$$$ is not coming in from fans,tv or streaming. Or all the other ways wouldn't it be better to focus on getting an education and if possible keep the year of eligibility then later use it for grad school or if needed to graduate. I would rather take less chances with crowds and try to keep my day to day activities more normal.
              Teams can still stream games. If that spreads Covid we are really in trouble. :)

Not sure how much money is made on the fans. Many teams average 500-1000 fans per game. My guess is 50% are true paying fans. Not sure there are huge dollars made off the fans. Obviously a minority of schools (Like Northern st.) may get 2,000+ fans per game and may be more significant $$ involved.

Comment

Teams could possibly sell ads on stream to help recoup the revenue? Their stream viewership would increase if people can't be in attendance. Just a thought, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Teams could possibly sell ads on stream to help recoup the revenue? Their stream viewership would increase if people can't be in attendance. Just a thought, anyway.

Comment

Haha... I wonder if Shrimptastic of northeast Iowa have franchises available. There is money to be made in aquaculture.

Comment

But is it a DTS Pub & PRIMETIME PIZZA (escalating noise level) worthy idea?!?!
                      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Basically I was just stating that if things can return to near normal in a year then why play the fall sports. Many college students would benefit by having an additional year of eligibility plus who wants to be in a crowd of people at this time. I know its a terrible thought but to me who wants to go to a football, or baseball game. Also who wants to go to a concert or movie. Just a thought.

Comment

Stolen Brothers BBQ would like you to step outside

Comment

I think a lot of teams do this, but every time the Stangs get a first down or get into the red zone, they do some kind of ad on the PA system, haha

Comment

Basically I was just stating that if things can return to near normal in a year then why play the fall sports. Many college students would benefit by having an additional year of eligibility plus who wants to be in a crowd of people at this time. I know its a terrible thought but to me who wants to go to a football, or baseball game. Also who wants to go to a concert or movie. Just a thought.
                              How many fall athletes would take that extra year of eligibility though? With football, most players redshirt their freshman year anyway, so they are already in school five years. Would they/do they want to do a sixth year of school or get on with life? With the other fall sports, sure a fifth year of competition sounds nice, but the reality of things is college is usually the end of the line for most in their athletic pursuits. Does an athlete, who most likely isn't on a scholarship or on a very limited scholarship, want to take on an extra year of loans/debt or will they get on with life?
                              Millsy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X