19. Cal State-Chico (15-2)
    20. San Francisco State (14-2)
    21. Fort Lewis (15-3)
    22. Wisconsin-Parkside (14-1)
    23. Kentucky Wesleyan (14-2)
    24. Delta State (12-3)
    25. Alabama-Huntsville (11-4)

Others Receiving Votes
    Lincoln Memorial, Minnesota State-Moorhead, Colorado School of Mines, Quincy (IL), Southern New Hampshire, Angelo State, Sonoma State, Central Washington, Eckerd, Saginaw Valley State, Southwest Minnesota State, Texas A&M-Commerce

Re: Men's Division II Top 25 Polls (1/17)

D2SIDA Top 25 (1/17)
    1. Northwest Missouri State (14) (16-0)
    2. Fairmont State (1) (15-0)
    3. California Baptist (15-1)
    4. Queens (NC) (16-0)
    5. Southern Indiana (16-0)
    6. Barry (14-1)
    7. Shippensburg (15-0)
    8t. Tarleton State (15-2)
    8t. West Liberty State (14-1)
    10. West Texas A&M (18-2)
    11. Arkansas-Monticello (12-0)
    12. Wisconsin-Parkside (14-1)
    13. Wheeling Jesuit (14-1)
    14. Cal State-Chico (15-2)
    15. Bellarmine (13-3)
    16. Southern New Hampshire (12-3)
    17. Lincoln Memorial (12-4)
    18. Western Washington (13-3)
    19. Texas A&M-Commerce (12-3)
    20. UC-San Diego (14-3)
    21. Delta State (12-3)
    22. Indiana (PA) (15-2)
    23. Minnesota State-Moorhead (15-3)
    24. Limestone (14-2)
    25. Ferris State (13-3)

Others Receiving Votes
    Hawaii Pacific, Quincy (IL), St. Thomas Aquinas, Eckerd, Southwest Minnesota State, San Francisco State, Augusta State, Colorado School of Mines, North Carolina-Pembroke, Kutztown

D2SIDA Central Region Rankings (1/17)
    1. Northwest Missouri State (6) (16-0)
    2. Arkansas-Monticello (12-0)
    3. Minnesota State-Moorhead (15-3)
    4. Southwest Minnesota State (14-3)
    5. Augustana (13-5)
    6. Nebraska-Kearney (12-4)
    7. Henderson State (11-3)
    8. Upper Iowa (12-6)
    9. East Central (10-4)
    10. Washburn (12-4)

Comment

Good grief, when was the last time an NSIC team wasn't ranked? I would be curious as to when that would be...

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
        Good grief, when was the last time an NSIC team wasn't ranked? I would be curious as to when that would be...
        Next week after SCSU knocks off Moorhead on Sat. night. :) I hope. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Comment

It's a VERY down year this year leading to the wide open conference race.

Comment

It would seem that, unless they really slip up or face an injury situation, the Central Region is NWSMU's for the taking. I know Arkansas-Monticello is up there in the ranks and maybe they have the ability to take down the Justin Pittses, but I just don't see it happening this year short of a major catastrophe in Maryville. Too much talent, too much experience, too much desire for revenge after losing in the Regional Championship three years straight now.

I mentioned it in another thread, but even Augie's run the past two years had a nearly equally-competitive Moorhead team right alongside them the entire way (and past them in 2014-15 when they reached the Elite Eight, even though Augie won both games against them head-to-head very handily) and an occasionally Top 25 Mankato team to deal with, along with decent MIAA teams. If it weren't for Arkansas-Monticello, NWMSU would be coasting along in this region with basically no "Top 25"-level contenders anywhere near them to deal with along the way.

That being said, even though the NSIC is "down" by most standards this season, I'm hoping our always tough conference schedule is getting at least one or two NSIC teams battle-hardened for a decent fight in the Regional. Would hate to see our NSIC teams go 0-3 or 0-4 in the tourney this year, depending on who does or doesn't make it.

Of course, unlike laker and others on here, if Augie doesn't make the Regional, I hope every NSIC team gets blown out by 20-30. :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              It would seem that, unless they really slip up or face an injury situation, the Central Region is NWSMU's for the taking. I know Arkansas-Monticello is up there in the ranks and maybe they have the ability to take down the Justin Pittses, but I just don't see it happening this year short of a major catastrophe in Maryville. Too much talent, too much experience, too much desire for revenge after losing in the Regional Championship three years straight now.

I mentioned it in another thread, but even Augie's run the past two years had a nearly equally-competitive Moorhead team right alongside them the entire way (and past them in 2014-15 when they reached the Elite Eight, even though Augie won both games against them head-to-head very handily) and an occasionally Top 25 Mankato team to deal with, along with decent MIAA teams. If it weren't for Arkansas-Monticello, NWMSU would be coasting along in this region with basically no "Top 25"-level contenders anywhere near them to deal with along the way.

That being said, even though the NSIC is "down" by most standards this season, I'm hoping our always tough conference schedule is getting at least one or two NSIC teams battle-hardened for a decent fight in the Regional. Would hate to see our NSIC teams go 0-3 or 0-4 in the tourney this year, depending on who does or doesn't make it.

Of course, unlike laker and others on here, if Augie doesn't make the Regional, I hope every NSIC team gets blown out by 20-30.
              :)
              I wouldn't have expected any other type of response from you. :)

Comment

Only poll that matters is the last set of Regional Rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Only poll that matters is the last set of Regional Rankings.
                  +1
                  God that hurts. :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Of course, unlike laker and others on here, if Augie doesn't make the Regional, I hope every NSIC team gets blown out by 20-30. :)
                    I would love to see Southwest Minnesota play Northwest Missouri in the second round of the regional because that game would be so beautifully ugly and I believe they have the right method with even scoring and getting a big night from someone going off and versatile defense, especially with Bruggeman on Pitts. That said, I would hope Northwest Missouri State would win by 69 points because Southwest is [trash emoji].

As the season wears on, I see a few NSIC teams capable of making noise in the tournament. Moorhead is good, St. Cloud can score with anyone, Augie is good, Southwest can defend at a high level, and **gulp** USF is playing ridiculous D the past three weeks and have a ton of dudes who can score. If Upper Iowa gets hot, they could run through the NSIC tournament with 15 threes a game, take the 10 days off before the regional and lose by 69 to Northwest.

Comment

The NSIC is a dumpster fire this year and its been coming down the road for a while. Sure Augie had a great team and no matter what league they were in they would have been a top team. Moorhead shouldn't have made the Elite 8 the year they went that should have been Augie but as they used to do in great fashion they couldn't get the job done. Mankato teams have been ok but not what they were in the past. Everyone else has had some decent teams to bad teams. The conference is not close to what is used to be talent wise and its not that much fun to watch and I am not even going to comment to what is going on in Winona.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                        That said, I would hope Northwest Missouri State would win by 69 points because Southwest is [trash emoji].
                        That's not very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                          The NSIC is a dumpster fire this year and its been coming down the road for a while. Sure Augie had a great team and no matter what league they were in they would have been a top team. Moorhead shouldn't have made the Elite 8 the year they went that should have been Augie but as they used to do in great fashion they couldn't get the job done. Mankato teams have been ok but not what they were in the past. Everyone else has had some decent teams to bad teams. The conference is not close to what is used to be talent wise and its not that much fun to watch and I am not even going to comment to what is going on in Winona.
                          Self-loathing, an attack on teams that earned what they got and wanting more our of a team that won a national champion...looks like our Winona fans of old are coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                            I would love to see Southwest Minnesota play Northwest Missouri in the second round of the regional because that game would be so beautifully ugly and I believe they have the right method with even scoring and getting a big night from someone going off and versatile defense, especially with Bruggeman on Pitts. That said, I would hope Northwest Missouri State would win by 69 points because Southwest is [trash emoji].

As the season wears on, I see a few NSIC teams capable of making noise in the tournament. Moorhead is good, St. Cloud can score with anyone, Augie is good, Southwest can defend at a high level, and **gulp** USF is playing ridiculous D the past three weeks and have a ton of dudes who can score. If Upper Iowa gets hot, they could run through the NSIC tournament with 15 threes a game, take the 10 days off before the regional and lose by 69 to Northwest.
                            I've said this before and I will say it again, Pitts is not having to carry the load like he did the last two years. The key to NW's success is the improvement in the level of play of those who surround Pitts. Take away Pitts (good luck, especially if he is determined to score) then you will pay in other places. Granted, I think the MIAA is down this year especially in terms of marquee players, but NW is making it look ridiculously easy right now. Their defense has been and will always show up every night. It's their diversified offense that had taken them to the next level this year. I hope it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
                              I've said this before and I will say it again, Pitts is not having to carry the load like he did the last two years. The key to NW's success is the improvement in the level of play of those who surround Pitts. Take away Pitts (good luck, especially if he is determined to score) then you will pay in other places. Granted, I think the MIAA is down this year especially in terms of marquee players, but NW is making it look ridiculously easy right now. Their defense has been and will always show up every night. It's their diversified offense that had taken them to the next level this year. I hope it continues.
                              Northwest's balance this year why I think it would be fascinating to see them play each SMSU. Southwest has a great on-ball defender in Bruggeman, and others do too like Augie with Warren, but Southwest's team defense is good enough to match up and maybe limit the others, which could force Pitts to take the game over. In no way do I think Southwest could win this matchup -- I wholely believe Justin Pitts is the best player in the country -- but I think of all the NSIC teams I've seen this year, SMSU would be the one to give them the toughest test.

(Me shilling for Southwest has me feeling a bit ill now)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X