Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Women's Central Region

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    FHSU has an outstanding basketball facility; very impressive.
    It is without a doubt one of the best in the country. Probably better than a lot of D1 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
      According to Massey, the top 4 D2 women's teams in the country played each other in the Sweet 16 yesterday. #1 Drury vs #4 Grand Valley St in the Midwest Region and #2 SW Oklahoma vs #3 Fort Hays in the Central Region.
      I would assume that when they reseed for the Elite 8 Drury would be #1 and SWOSU would be #2. Drury was the only regional #1 to win, SWOSU and North Georgia were both #2's but I would think a 33 game winning streak, beating two programs that have won national championships in the last ten years and the host school in the only 1v2 regional final would be enough for SWOSU to get the white (or in their case grey) uniforms in the semis.

Comment

Here is a good picture of how full it was last night. I heard it pushed up toward 5,800 in attendance.

https://twitter.com/FHSU_WSoccer/sta...22600598798337

Comment

I waited until today to post some more about the game last night.
          It was by far the worst officiated game I have seen at the college level (personally am a high school official and don't like to comment much on officiating). The calling of the game was so inconsistent touch fouls would be called and then not followed by very obvious fouls not being called. It was bad for both teams, lots of head shaking calls for both sets of coaches, players, and fans. Several times the whistle would be blown with a very obvious expected call and it would be the opposite - fouls, out of bounds, jump balls over fouls.
          In the first 3:35 of the game, with 6:25 left in the first quarter, 9 fouls had already been called!! I understand calling a game tight at the beginning but there is a point. The refs dominated that game, very very sad to see for a sweet 16 game and a trip to the elite 8 on the line. If these are the best teams in the region, it should be the best officials in the region calling the game. Unfortunate night for those involved. The NCAA should be disappointed in what happened tonight. Even with better officiating SWOSU shot very well on the perimeter and it would've been a tough game.

Congrats to SWOSU moving on, represent the central region well!! Lets keep the NC in the region!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
            It is without a doubt one of the best in the country. Probably better than a lot of D1 schools.
            Agree. Amazing attendance last night. In 2009, when the MSU women hosted the regional (a different regional alignment at that time) there was about 2500 or so in attendance at the regional championship game. Probably the most at a women's game at MSU for a very long time, maybe since they started the women's program. Or since then.

Comment

Elite 8

Indiana (Pa.) 73 Azusa Pacific 60
              Southwestern Oklahoma State 71 Saint Anselm 61
              Drury 91 Nova Southeastern 60

Halftime: Lubbock Christian leads North Georgia by 35 in the second half.

Comment

SWOSU beat Indiana PA. On thru to the championship game. Drury vs. Lubbock Christian on CBS Sports Network right now.

Comment

GO DRURY
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

SWOSU vs. Lubbock Christian for the title. They played earlier this year and SWOSU won by two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                      SWOSU vs. Lubbock Christian for the title. They played earlier this year and SWOSU won by two.
                      I watched the last five minutes of the Lubbock win on TV. Drury had been unbeaten but trailed most of the way. Should be a good title game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X