X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Year's DII and DIII championship games will be at Div I Final Four

https://twitter.com/NABC1927/status/1121076098241048576

Re: Next Year's DII and DIII championship games will be at Div I Final Four

Only one current Central Region team has won a National Title south of the Mason Dixon line.
    Last edited by Augieholic; 04-24-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
      The question is, which game will Augie be in, the DI game or the DII game?

Comment

So will Elite 8 still be in Evansville or will that be moved to Atlanta as well?

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
          https://twitter.com/NABC1927/status/1121076098241048576

That is a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by RollStangs View Post
            So will Elite 8 still be in Evansville or will that be moved to Atlanta as well?
            Pure guess that Elite 8 and Final Four in Evansville with championship game approx. a week later in Atlanta.

Comment

Well, while the exposure is cool it's kind of a bummer. Likely a giant arena with faint chants echoing. I cant speak for everyone but pretty much rules out going to a national title game if the Wolves were to ever reach that point.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                Pure guess that Elite 8 and Final Four in Evansville with championship game approx. a week later in Atlanta.
                Looks that way

Saturday: Division I Final Four (Falcons stadium)
                Sunday: Division II and Division III championship games (Hawks arena)
                Monday: Division I championship (Falcons stadium)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  Well, while the exposure is cool it's kind of a bummer. Likely a giant arena with faint chants echoing. I cant speak for everyone but pretty much rules out going to a national title game if the Wolves were to ever reach that point.
                  Speaking as someone who experienced the excitement of the final four weekend recently in Minneapolis...I think the overall excitement of that weekend (and all such related festivities) may actually make the overall experience better for all (fans, players and coaches). Maybe I will be proven wrong as the actual championship game will lose too much of the excitement being in the large nba stadium and outweigh the rest. May get more fans to travel to D2/D3 championship game if they can make bigger weekend travel event out of it??

While in Minneapolis for final four weekend I did actually think that it would be great if the d2 players/fans could also experience the championship basketball atmosphere. Many of the d2/d3 coaches were in town anyway for coaching conferences etc. It truly is the epicenter of basketball in the world (they also had top international nba high school academy teams playing games at convention center, celebrity games at St. Thomas, etc.) for those few days. I even thought the MN high school association should have tried to have their state tournament games at same time down and around the excitement.

If successful, I could see d2 and d3 expand in future to making it also a final 4 weekend for each division at same time...
                  Last edited by Moorhead123; 04-24-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Didn't this happen the year Drury and Metro State played? (2012? 2013?) Would be interested to hear what a fan of either team thought of that experience.
                    Last edited by MrAugustana; 04-24-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Didn't this happen the year Drury and Metro State played? (2012? 2013?) Would be interested to hear what a fan of either team thought of that experience.
                      2013. According to the NCAA release, D2 drew its largest crowd since '71, and D3 had an all-time attendance record.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                        I even thought the MN high school association should have tried to have their state tournament games at same time down and around the excitement.
                        Shortage of hotel space would be a major reason.

Comment

If they do it like 2013, you would have basically a week to plan a trip to Atlanta after the semifinals. Considering hotel and travel will probably already be at a premium because of the Final Four, that seems less than ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                            If they do it like 2013, you would have basically a week to plan a trip to Atlanta after the semifinals. Considering hotel and travel will probably already be at a premium because of the Final Four, that seems less than ideal.
                            I would hope that Division II/III would have hotel blocks reserved in advance ready for whatever schools make the games to just slide in.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              Speaking as someone who experienced the excitement of the final four weekend recently in Minneapolis...I think the overall excitement of that weekend (and all such related festivities) may actually make the overall experience better for all (fans, players and coaches). Maybe I will be proven wrong as the actual championship game will lose too much of the excitement being in the large nba stadium and outweigh the rest. May get more fans to travel to D2/D3 championship game if they can make bigger weekend travel event out of it??

While in Minneapolis for final four weekend I did actually think that it would be great if the d2 players/fans could also experience the championship basketball atmosphere. Many of the d2/d3 coaches were in town anyway for coaching conferences etc. It truly is the epicenter of basketball in the world (they also had top international nba high school academy teams playing games at convention center, celebrity games at St. Thomas, etc.) for those few days. I even thought the MN high school association should have tried to have their state tournament games at same time down and around the excitement.

If successful, I could see d2 and d3 expand in future to making it also a final 4 weekend for each division at same time...
                              Oh, I'm not trying to make it sound like it will be bad. Someone shared info that it may turn out to be better attendance and all. My thought is absolutely skewed by the way we packed the Pentagon. If it was in Evansville, naturally that many probably wouldnt have made it. Now you move it to say Atlanta and very few can make that sort of haul let alone I dont they'd block off rooms for the two schools that make it. Most people would be there for the D1 and buy tickets well in advance regardless of who is playing, not to mention the price hike. For the men and women playing, I'm sure it will be awesome though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X