Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing to the fifth seeded MIAA is one of the two worst losses of the week? Not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Losing to the fifth seeded MIAA is one of the two worst losses of the week? Not sure about that.
      Name another MIAA team that lost more terms of NCAA consideration than Southern.

Comment

Fort Hays? I mean, their season ended yesterday, what could be worse than that? Maybe being eliminated a couple of weeks ago...

Comment

Fort Hays? I mean, their season ended yesterday, what could be worse than that? Maybe being eliminated a couple of weeks ago...
          Fort Hays was a long shot to make the MIAA tournament entering the week, and lost to the number one and number three team in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

There's 2 teams headed in opposite directions. Northwest 8 straight titles, CentralMO is 19-41 in the MIAA in the last 3 seasons.

Who is responsible for this situation? Let's start with the obvious - coach K has been a disaster since taking over at UCM following the Mules national championship year. For God sakes, he inherited some good players from the championship team who left after one year under coach K. Then K got some good recruits who transferred out (for one, the highly rated guard out of Arkansas). It's been all down hill from there as he couldn't keep good players and then he couldn't even recruit good players. The bottom line is coach K can't coach, can't keep good player and now he can't even recruit good players and oh yeah....he can't win enough games.

This whole cluster mess falls squarely in the lap of AD Jerry Hughes for letting coach K hang around this long.. Maybe UCM didn't have the money to buy out K's contract, so what, fire his ass anyway and let an assistant coach take over in the short term. Hell, the results couldn't have been any worse.. Jerry Hughes has done a great job of hiring good coaches at UCM, so this Mules basketball debacle is a real mystery. Lots of Mules fans have now lost confidence in Jerry Hughes and think it's time for him to retire. Shawn Jones would be a good pick to return from Henderson State and become the AD.

Comment

You win! The Mules victory over Lincoln yesterday hurt the Mules NCAA considerations more that Southern's loss hurt the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

You win! The Mules victory over Lincoln yesterday hurt the Mules NCAA considerations more that Southern's loss hurt the Lions.

Who gives a flying ass crap either way.

Comment

Wizard-let me clarify. It was a very costly loss. It may have cost the Lions a NCAA tourney bid and put them in the top bracket with NWMS. I think UCO is one of the most talented teams in the league. It certainly was not a loss that was embarrassing but it was a huge loss in terms of the post season. That is what I meant about a bad loss. I think MOSo can get on a roll and play their way back in to the dance but I think it is going to take a win over NWMS in the semi-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                    Wizard-let me clarify. It was a very costly loss. It may have cost the Lions a NCAA tourney bid and put them in the top bracket with NWMS. I think UCO is one of the most talented teams in the league. It certainly was not a loss that was embarrassing but it was a huge loss in terms of the post season. That is what I meant about a bad loss. I think MOSo can get on a roll and play their way back in to the dance but I think it is going to take a win over NWMS in the semi-finals.
                    I agree Lion-heartedly!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X