Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT:Summit League

So, today on the radio a local sports station was talking about Bellarmine and their move and how it was essentially done in a three month period. After, he continued about Augustana and how long ago they announced their intention of going D1. He then went on to discuss the Summit League and how their should be some urgency in getting proactive.

According to him the idea of PFW leaving is fairly likely and makes sense. Also discussed Western Illinois and the amount of issues there. (Apparently A LOT of Illinois universities are having massive drops in enrollment. He predicted WIU would likely look into D2.

The main reason for all of this to cause urgency was because of the sports requirement to be a full D1 member/conference. Of they lose those two schools they will no longer be in tact. If they are no longer in tact, the four schools in North and South Dakota would essentially be left out on an island.

There is a little more and I missed pieces but it pertains to Augie and the summer action has slowed. Regardless, I found it very interesting and something I hadn't really foreseen, likely because I dont pay near enough attention to the league.

Re: OT:Summit League

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    So, today on the radio a local sports station was talking about Bellarmine and their move and how it was essentially done in a three month period. After, he continued about Augustana and how long ago they announced their intention of going D1. He then went on to discuss the Summit League and how their should be some urgency in getting proactive.
    Helps when you don't have to worry about figuring out football.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Helps when you don't have to worry about figuring out football.
      Yes, it certainly does.

Comment

Starting next July, UMKC is back in the Summit. They offer men's soccer but not baseball.

Comment

Starting next July, UMKC is back in the Summit. They offer men's soccer but not baseball.
          I saw the email, but has the school confirmed it? It would make sense.

Blair Kerkhoff
          ?
          Verified account

@BlairKerkhoff
          14h14 hours ago
          More
          This will be UMKC's last year in the WAC. Roos are rejoining the Summit, July 1, 2020.

Comment

Looks like it is official.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...gue-in-2020-21

Comment

Also discussed Western Illinois and the amount of issues there. (Apparently A LOT of Illinois universities are having massive drops in enrollment. He predicted WIU would likely look into D2.
              Financial issues? UNA hosts the Leathernecks in football to begin the season. I don't know much about the school.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'm putting the cart in front of the horse, but will this lead to PFW going to the Horizon and Augie going to the Summit?

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  Financial issues? UNA hosts the Leathernecks in football to begin the season. I don't know much about the school.
                  I'm sure. Supposedly enrollment is down like 30% there and I think they said at Eastern as well. Chicago State is down 60%.

I remember seeing a map of people coming and going based on counties in the US and people are leaving Illinois by the truck load, supposedly

Comment

I'm sure. Supposedly enrollment is down like 30% there and I think they said at Eastern as well. Chicago State is down 60%.

I remember seeing a map of people coming and going based on counties in the US and people are leaving Illinois by the truck load, supposedly
                    Gee, wonder why they are doing that.

Comment

NCAA decision on UST could come in April.

https://www.tommiemedia.com/news/est...i-institution/

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        NCAA decision on UST could come in April.

https://www.tommiemedia.com/news/est...i-institution/
                        "Improving the fan and student-athlete experience" I've heard that phrase enough, let's find a new catchphrase

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X