Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC week 2 chat

Some decent games this weekend, probably highlighted by the MSU/Augie game tonight. Looking forward to seeing the Kreature battle the Geriatric Giants of Augie.

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Some decent games this weekend, probably highlighted by the MSU/Augie game tonight. Looking forward to seeing the Kreature battle the Geriatric Giants of Augie.
    Margs has been resting Kramer the last three weeks for just this matchup. The last time the Mavs played Augie at the Pentagon was one of the most hostile games I've attended. Fans were angry at the refs for blocks/goaltends on Kramer, Margs was was Margsin', Tom was rubbing his hands fast enough to start a fire while chirping at the refs, and Corvon Seales was still a Mav. Be still my heart.

This year will be a clash of styles, Mankato appears to be favoring smaller, quicker lineups and forcing the pace. Augie obviously doesn't have the horses to run with Mankato but they'll run their methodical half court sets to try and take advantage of their size vs the non-Kreatures. Riemersma has done OK vs Kramer but obviously his herky jerky post game isn't as effective vs someone with Kelby's size. Dykman was fantastic last weekend and he adds another dimension when he's a positive contributor. Hopefully the weather is only sort of terrible so I can get to the 'Gon.

Comment

Maybe dragons can right the ship on the road this weekend. Starts on the defensive end as the past few games the Msum defense has definitely struggled. If they can get back to defending and rebounding again they have a chance to turn things around.

Comment

Glad most of the games this weekend are in the upper portion of the league. If you are driving thru weather, be safe out there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Margs has been resting Kramer the last three weeks for just this matchup. The last time the Mavs played Augie at the Pentagon was one of the most hostile games I've attended. Fans were angry at the refs for blocks/goaltends on Kramer, Margs was was Margsin', Tom was rubbing his hands fast enough to start a fire while chirping at the refs, and Corvon Seales was still a Mav. Be still my heart.

This year will be a clash of styles, Mankato appears to be favoring smaller, quicker lineups and forcing the pace. Augie obviously doesn't have the horses to run with Mankato but they'll run their methodical half court sets to try and take advantage of their size vs the non-Kreatures. Riemersma has done OK vs Kramer but obviously his herky jerky post game isn't as effective vs someone with Kelby's size. Dykman was fantastic last weekend and he adds another dimension when he's a positive contributor. Hopefully the weather is only sort of terrible so I can get to the 'Gon.

Comment

Winona State off to a hot start from 3 and are up by 11 at the half. Warriors also playing solid D throughout.

I know someone else mentioned this in another thread, but the SMSU play-by-play guy is really good. Calls the game well. Understands the game. And he is unbiased when analyzing calls. Really enjoyable listen.

Comment

It is not pleasant outside right now. Augie with its best half of the season given the competition. Riemersma and LeBrun killing it on both ends.

Comment

UIU-36
                  USF-26

The Peacocks had a new starting 5 tonight. They look rather sluggish on offense. Wonder how that impacted their start. Too much hero ball being played. As always, they're getting after it on defense.

The play-by-play guy, who does a nice job, is about 3 seconds ahead of the video on the stream on the NSIC Network. Brutal way to watch a game.

Comment

At the half Augie up 41-27. 7" snow makes for a small crowd, MSU should feel like it's a home game. Vikings shooting hot.

Comment

Quincy Anderson takes a breakaway dunk instead of passing to Holt who was way ahead of him. That led to an interesting stare down between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Quincy Anderson takes a breakaway dunk instead of passing to Holt who was way ahead of him. That led to an interesting stare down between the two.
                        Chemistry issues for the Mavs? I don't belive you....

Comment

Comment

Belka with an outstanding chase down block....which would be much more excited if I could show you the clip.

Comment

Crookstons team is very mediocre but the guy who covers both play-by-play and color is very much top 25% in the conference to listen to. Have to give him credit for mentioning the crowd getting into it and I count 12 people on one side.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X