Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they do belong in the tournament as of now. You can only beat the teams on your schedule and they have done a better job of that than WU and ESU. To say WU is much better than them is a stretch to me. Vitzum and Hammeke are a really good combo and Hays plays some of the best defense in the league. WU had a great win over NWMSU that I will certainly eat my crow for saying they had no chance but their body of work, even with Geiman back isn't great. Losing to Northeastern State really hurts. Whereas Hays only has lost to UCO twice, Rogers, and Northwest plus their one win against ESU was AT Emporia. Washburn and Emporia both might need to win the MIAA tournament to get in. Emporia has a tough game against NMSU tonight and a game against a Pitt St. squad that just beat MOSO twice and is playing really well. Losing to MoWest might've sunk Emporia's regional hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by BackdoorCut View Post

I think they do belong in the tournament as of now. You can only beat the teams on your schedule and they have done a better job of that than WU and ESU. To say WU is much better than them is a stretch to me. Vitzum and Hammeke are a really good combo and Hays plays some of the best defense in the league. WU had a great win over NWMSU that I will certainly eat my crow for saying they had no chance but their body of work, even with Geiman back isn't great. Losing to Northeastern State really hurts. Whereas Hays only has lost to UCO twice, Rogers, and Northwest plus their one win against ESU was AT Emporia. Washburn and Emporia both might need to win the MIAA tournament to get in. Emporia has a tough game against NMSU tonight and a game against a Pitt St. squad that just beat MOSO twice and is playing really well. Losing to MoWest might've sunk Emporia's regional hopes.
      FHSU has a tough week with hosting MoWest and at NW. But I will add in that not only does Hays have one of the best defenses in the league but they are 2nd nationally in scoring defense/points allowed. I also feel that we haven't really had a game where I felt we were firing on all cylinders, hoping to see that start to happen this week.
      You can only play who is on your schedule and when they are. In my opinion so far they have taken care of the business they need to to make the tourney and performance indicator says so too.
      STILL A LOT OF BASKETBALL LEFT TO PLAY - conference tournaments always seem to have a couple upsets so we will see how this all plays out.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X