X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 MIAA Women's Tournament

Here is the schedule for the entire tournament:

Wednesday, March 2 - First Round
    Women's Game 1 - No. 8 Pittsburg State vs. No. 9 Washburn - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 2 - No. 7 Central Oklahoma vs. No. 10 Emporia State - 2:15 p.m.

Thursday, March 3 - Quarterfinals Day 1
    Women's Game 3 - No. 1 Missouri Southern vs. Winner of Game 1 - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 4 - No. 2 Fort Hays State vs. Winner of Game 2 - 2:15 p.m.

Friday, March 4 - Quarterfinals Day 2
    Women's Game 5 - No. 4 Central Missouri vs. No. 5 Missouri Western - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 6 - No. 3 Nebraska Kearney vs. No. 6 Northwest Missouri - 2:15 p.m.

Saturday, March 5 - Semifinals
    Women's Game 7 - Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 5 - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 8 - Winner of Game 4 vs. Winner of Game 6 - 2:15 p.m.

Sunday, March 6 - Championship
    Women's Game 9 - Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8 - 1 p.m.

Anyone's tournament in my opinion!!
    Does a top team take care of business or does a lower seed get hot or maybe just figure it out and start playing the way we thought they would all year...

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
    Here is the schedule for the entire tournament:

Wednesday, March 2 - First Round
    Women's Game 1 - No. 8 Pittsburg State vs. No. 9 Washburn - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 2 - No. 7 Central Oklahoma vs. No. 10 Emporia State - 2:15 p.m.

Thursday, March 3 - Quarterfinals Day 1
    Women's Game 3 - No. 1 Missouri Southern vs. Winner of Game 1 - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 4 - No. 2 Fort Hays State vs. Winner of Game 2 - 2:15 p.m.

Friday, March 4 - Quarterfinals Day 2
    Women's Game 5 - No. 4 Central Missouri vs. No. 5 Missouri Western - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 6 - No. 3 Nebraska Kearney vs. No. 6 Northwest Missouri - 2:15 p.m.

Saturday, March 5 - Semifinals
    Women's Game 7 - Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 5 - 12 p.m.
    Women's Game 8 - Winner of Game 4 vs. Winner of Game 6 - 2:15 p.m.

Sunday, March 6 - Championship
    Women's Game 9 - Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8 - 1 p.m.

Anyone's tournament in my opinion!!
    Does a top team take care of business or does a lower seed get hot or maybe just figure it out and start playing the way we thought they would all year...

Should be a fun tournament...no super dominant team which does open the door for a potential surprise...not sure any of the lower seeds are playing well enough right now to make a run...as they say...that's why they play the games.

Comment

Teams have got hot in KC before and made runs, I don't look at any of these teams and really go - oh that should be an easy win even later in the tournament if they pull off some upsets. Definitely wide open in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Well done ichyhater! Not too many of us on the board care about the women's game, nice to see someone who has been paying attention to it all season. Your Hornets have been playing better late in the year...seems like Jobe has exerted herself more during that span too. It's going to be tough to knock off those top 4 teams...very experienced teams who for the most part brought back some really good players for that extra year. While my screen name doesn't go along with who I'm rooting for...I'm hoping the Gorillas can put together 4 games in a row like they played vs. Western at Pitt...it's a long shot, since they're really only played like that once this year...but hey, a dad can hope...right?

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Well done ichyhater! Not too many of us on the board care about the women's game, nice to see someone who has been paying attention to it all season. Your Hornets have been playing better late in the year...seems like Jobe has exerted herself more during that span too. It's going to be tough to knock off those top 4 teams...very experienced teams who for the most part brought back some really good players for that extra year. While my screen name doesn't go along with who I'm rooting for...I'm hoping the Gorillas can put together 4 games in a row like they played vs. Western at Pitt...it's a long shot, since they're really only played like that once this year...but hey, a dad can hope...right?

Comment

It does look like the core is young and talented, Pyle is another from last year's recruiting class, she got hurt after 14 games, she's a big offensive threat, needs to develop defensively. Only have 2 HS recruits coming in and haven't seen them play yet, but look good on paper! Yes that is my daughter...she was mad before the season in the article David Boyce did about her, that she talked herself into divulging her dad was a Bearcat! I gave her a bunch of S#!% about it!

She really elevated her game since the Washburn Game...averaged 15.3 points in those last 13 games. Finally got herself out of her head and just started playing!

Comment

I love seeing the talk about the women's game and tournament. I hope it continues.
                the women's game is a beautiful game, it just doesn't get appreciated as much because it's not usually as high powered fast paced but if you look at it without the comparison it's great.

Hope the chatter continues throughout the week.

On a regional note, St.Cloud lost to Duluth tonight.

Comment

Day 1 of quarterfinals had both #1 and #2 seeds advancing.
                  Looking forward to seeing both games tomorrow, I expect some good games.

I would not be surprised if we see an upset or even two tomorrow.

Comment

Mules were just not the same this year the senior that left was glue for the younger players and post player who got hurt was a BIG loss all season although the new guard got a lot more playing experience and is a good 3 point shooter. I think they will make another run in the next few years.

Comment

Overcoming a nearly flawless second quarter in which Missouri Western shot 86% and built an 8 point halftime lead, the MSSU Lady Lions came back to advance to their first MIAA tourney championship game since 1996. Our magical season will continue tomorrow against the winner of Fort Hays and Nebraska Kearney. Go Lady Lions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                        Overcoming a nearly flawless second quarter in which Missouri Western shot 86% and built an 8 point halftime lead, the MSSU Lady Lions came back to advance to their first MIAA tourney championship game since 1996. Our magical season will continue tomorrow against the winner of Fort Hays and Nebraska Kearney. Go Lady Lions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                          Mules were just not the same this year the senior that left was glue for the younger players and post player who got hurt was a BIG loss all season although the new guard got a lot more playing experience and is a good 3 point shooter. I think they will make another run in the next few years.
                          Losing Holden before the season was a terrible break...didn't see the true freshman do much of anything this year, did any of them play any meaningful minutes at all? They didn't vs. Pitt. Thought they looked good on paper, maybe I'm missing something. Littrell was a beast this year. Slifer needs to find more than 6 ot 7 girls for his rotation...I'm assuming he has them somewhere. It'll be interesting to see how recruiting is going forward, seems Coach Nick was a huge cog in their recruiting and I think they'll miss him quite a bit. I'm a big fan of Olivia Nelson...root for her unless she's playing vs. my daughter's team!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                            I said at halftime MW would come back toward the mean in the 2nd half...and they did. Lacy Stokes has helped to make Madi Stokes a force this year...that's a hard combo to defend...Madi may be the only girl on a roster who lists her height low...I swear she taller than listed!

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I said at halftime MW would come back toward the mean in the 2nd half...and they did. Lacy Stokes has helped to make Madi Stokes a force this year...that's a hard combo to defend...Madi may be the only girl on a roster who lists her height low...I swear she taller than listed!
                              She is the tallest 6'3 person I have ever seen! I think she is in the 6'4-6'5 range. She has definitely been a force this year after she recovered from her injury.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X