Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Basketball Conversation

Please pardon my intrusion into the Central Region. I can't get a good conversation going about basketball in the South Central Region.
    I am a big fan of the Wt Buffalos. Expectations are high for both teams this year. Posted a short piece about the Lady Buffs in the General Discussion.
    Last year our men finished 29-7 with a loss in the regional semifinals. The women were 26-11 with a loss in the Elite 8. Four of our five starters return.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

I see west Texas picked up Ryland Holt from Mankato. Will be interesting to see how he does this year. He has plenty of athletic abilities. Could be a good addition to the buffaloes. Brown and toussant have to be the best under 6 foot backcourt in d2.

Comment

Bringing up West Texas A&M in this region is a recipe for some bitter Winona State posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
        I see west Texas picked up Ryland Holt from Mankato. Will be interesting to see how he does this year. He has plenty of athletic abilities. Could be a good addition to the buffaloes. Brown and Toussant have to be the best under 6-foot backcourt in d2.
        Wt also added Incoming Freshman Ahamed Mohammed from Glendale AZ. He is listed as 6'0" and that is generous. He may be a starter, if not he will see significant playing time.
        We are a solid 8 deep now and would like for one or two other guys to step up. In early practice, we appear to be better than last year. (which is what I say every year)

The Pre-season Power Rankings for the women are out, the Lady Buffs are at #7.

It appears to me that the MIAA is loaded on both the Men's and Women's sides.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Bringing up West Texas A&M in this region is a recipe for some bitter Winona State posts.
          ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Wt also added Incoming Freshman Ahamed Mohammed from Glendale AZ. He is listed as 6'0" and that is generous. He may be a starter, if not he will see significant playing time.
            We are a solid 8 deep now and would like for one or two other guys to step up. In early practice, we appear to be better than last year. (which is what I say every year)

The Pre-season Power Rankings for the women are out, the Lady Buffs are at #7.

It appears to me that the MIAA is loaded on both the Men's and Women's sides.
            Don’t follow the women as closely, but MIAA is loaded because NW Missouri is on such a historic run. Most homers in this central region chat feel like we regularly have the top region in the country, NSIC was quite strong last year, not sure if it will be as good this season or not. Same comment with the MIAA. Top of the GAC also has some strong teams every year. I’m sure it will be another good battle this year in central region.

Comment

Don’t follow the women as closely, but MIAA is loaded because NW Missouri is on such a historic run. Most homers in this central region chat feel like we regularly have the top region in the country, NSIC was quite strong last year, not sure if it will be as good this season or not. Same comment with the MIAA. Top of the GAC also has some strong teams every year. I’m sure it will be another good battle this year in central region.
              Big Women's fan. The Lady Buffs have been in the post-season 27 times with 8 Elite Eight trips. If you're going to the Elite Eight somewhere along the way you will need to stop Wt.
              Our men's coach has made the Buffs a force. Entering his 9th season he is 210-50 at Wt.
              Our men are currently ranked 6th in the nation. Women are ranked 7th. Both teams are a lot of fun to watch.

Looks like to me that the Central Region is a deeper region. Going to try and watch some games when I can. What is the cost on the live stream??

Comment

wt mens coach is former Winona state coach.

nsic games are no cost. Just download the nsic network app. Guessing nsic will start charging a fee in the future. Not sure about miaa and gac.

Comment

nsic games are no cost. Just download the nsic network app. Guessing nsic will start charging a fee in the future. Not sure about miaa and gac.
                  MIAA charges per game or season and they typically offer a good deal in August to cover all year, all sports, all teams for $100 if IRCC...think it is $125 for same deal after August...not sure what a particular season costs are

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

MIAA charges per game or season and they typically offer a good deal in August to cover all year, all sports, all teams for $100 if IRCC...think it is $125 for same deal after August...not sure what a particular season costs are
                    Thanks for the info.

Comment

GAC are all free as well. I've always wondered what the appetite is in the league for a subscriber-based network. I'm guessing it's not very strong. Although if it means a raise for myself...

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

GAC are all free as well. I've always wondered what the appetite is in the league for a subscriber-based network. I'm guessing it's not very strong. Although if it means a raise for myself...
                        The Lone Star Network is $10 per game and I think $150.00 per year for all games. IMHO, it's a good value. Our conference is very spread out, I usually get the annual plan so I can watch all the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Thanks for the info.
                          IIRC The MIAA Network paid out over $500k (total) to schools last year...small potatoes compared to D1, but still, pretty decent for a small online streaming deal.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

IIRC The MIAA Network paid out over $500k (total) to schools last year...small potatoes compared to D1, but still, pretty decent for a small online streaming deal.
                            Sounds good to me. I will try to find out the payout on the LSC.

Comment

Huge fan of both men's and women's. I'm an MIAA guy who roots for Missouri Southern. Our women had a very good year last year sharing the conference title with Fort Hays. We are picked preseason #1 in the MIAA and #9 nationally in the NCAA.com column. Really looking forward to Nov 5-6 in Kansas City with the tournament that includes the top 4 teams from the MIAA, along with Minnesota Duluth, West Texas, Lubbock Christian, and Southern Nazarene. Should be a fun weekend of top-tier D2 women's basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X