Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    It was a great defensive effort and team win! The ladies played their best ball all year this weekend and you could see how much they wanted it after falling short last year. Layne Skiles played sooo good today, hitting several 3's, scoring 20 points, and the great defensive job she did on Brooke Littrell. So glad to see Layne have such a huge game in her last MIAA game. Hope they continue to play well in the regional and make more noise than last year. Go Lions!!!
    Moso looks to be getting hot at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

wasn’t there a new ad at esu? Probably want to put his stamp on like everyone else. While esu was not like they once were they were still really competitive.
      Hmm, don't know about a new AD, but that would likely do it. Similar to what some coaches at Western are worried about this year.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Hmm, don't know about a new AD, but that would likely do it. Similar to what some coaches at Western are worried about this year.
        Yep. Any school with a new ad, unless the coach is very successful, lots of times they make a move.

Comment

Yep. Any school with a new ad, unless the coach is very successful, lots of times they make a move.
          Do you think the men's hoops coach did enough to keep his job?

Comment

Southern was rewarded for their 3 wins over 3 regionally ranked opponents jumping all the way to #3. Kearney stays ahead since they beat them 2 out of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              Southern was rewarded for their 3 wins over 3 regionally ranked opponents jumping all the way to #3. Kearney stays ahead since they beat them 2 out of 3.
              We were definitely rewarded for that MIAA tournament run over those 3 regionally ranked opponents, along with winning 2 out of 3 vs. UCM. I think the semifinal OT game affected UCM, and definitely affected the margin.

I think our tough nonconference schedule also played into it, where we beat two teams seeded #1 in their regions (Minnesota-Duluth and Angelo State), along with a #7 (Lubbock Christian).

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

We were definitely rewarded for that MIAA tournament run over those 3 regionally ranked opponents, along with winning 2 out of 3 vs. UCM. I think the semifinal OT game affected UCM, and definitely affected the margin.

I think our tough nonconference schedule also played into it, where we beat two teams seeded #1 in their regions (Minnesota-Duluth and Angelo State), along with a #7 (Lubbock Christian).
                Yes, but the rest of the items you mentioned had already happened when Southern was #7 last week. The jump to #3 was all due to what happened in the MIAA tournament.

Comment

Do you think the men's hoops coach did enough to keep his job?
                  That’s a complicated question. If you mean athletically the results aren’t great but it’s also only his 3rd year as coach.

If your asking me personally what I think all you have to do is watch the end of this video to see how his seniors think of him. IMO this much more important than wins and losses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GTPxw92ZBWA

Comment

That’s a complicated question. If you mean athletically the results aren’t great but it’s also only his 3rd year as coach.

If your asking me personally what I think all you have to do is watch the end of this video to see how his seniors think of him. IMO this much more important than wins and losses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GTPxw92ZBWA
                    I was curious if you thought he'd done enough in the eyes of the new AD...because that's the most important one...he seems like a good guy, he won me over when we went on my daughter's visit and he started hyping her up the moment we walked in the door...he happened to be in the upstairs lobby at Looney when we got there.

I don't closely follow the men's team so I was asking for someone's thoughts who does. Thanks

Comment

I was curious if you thought he'd done enough in the eyes of the new AD...because that's the most important one...he seems like a good guy, he won me over when we went on my daughter's visit and he started hyping her up the moment we walked in the door...he happened to be in the upstairs lobby at Looney when we got there.

I don't closely follow the men's team so I was asking for someone's thoughts who does. Thanks
                      let me begin with…I have no connection or inside info on the team.

I would say with a new ad it’s 50/50. I feel like the players love him. The st joe kid from last year (Bennett) has a brother that committed. I would think that has something to do with his older brother liking the coach/situation. Maybe he got other offers maybe he didn’t. I don’t think you commit if your brother wasn’t happy.

At this point I would think it depends on how much the ad has a connection with him.

A lot of schools find out the hard way that a new coach doesn’t really mean a better coach.
                      Last edited by southside; 03-09-2023, 12:49 PM.

Comment

let me begin with…I have no connection or inside info on the team.

I would say with a new ad it’s 50/50. I feel like the players love him. The st joe kid from last year (Bennett) has a brother that committed. I would think that has something to do with his older brother liking the coach/situation. Maybe he got other offers maybe he didn’t. I don’t think you commit if your brother wasn’t happy.

At this point I would think it depends on how much the ad has a connection with him.

A lot of schools find out the hard way that a new coach doesn’t really mean a better coach.
                        Gotcha!

He seems like a good guy, certainly not rooting against him...was just curious on what fans thought.

Comment

Gotcha!

He seems like a good guy, certainly not rooting against him...was just curious on what fans thought.
                          I’m still good with Will Martin. I like the attitude and the culture. More W’s would be good. But that’s me.

Comment

I’m still good with Will Martin. I like the attitude and the culture. More W’s would be good. But that’s me.
                            I haven't paid that close attention to how Western's men have done the last few years, wasn't sure if he's done better, worse, same...I'd think it's difficult for most coaches in the league when you have what NW has been the last several years in your conference if your AD and fan base sets that as the bar for your team. I'd think making the tourney and winning a game there this year would bode well for him, but the AD fired what appeared to be a popular FB coach who did underachieve some.

Comment

I haven't paid that close attention to how Western's men have done the last few years, wasn't sure if he's done better, worse, same...I'd think it's difficult for most coaches in the league when you have what NW has been the last several years in your conference if your AD and fan base sets that as the bar for your team. I'd think making the tourney and winning a game there this year would bode well for him, but the AD fired what appeared to be a popular FB coach who did underachieve some.
                              I hear what you’re saying for sure. He did make the regional in the asterisk year. Loss to Washburn in the first round.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X