Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Ben mentioned an interesting point recently concerning this year’s team. The 1st 3 players off the bench have all started at least 1 game in Evansville.
    I’d be curious what he’d say if someone asked him what he’d do if he could trade all three of those bench players (plus 2 starters) for a one month return of Trevor Hudgins?

Also, what watering hole would you recommend in Maryville?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I feel pretty confident we will get past Saturday, but beyond that, I think it's up for grabs. I would never bet against the Cats, but I wouldn't bet my savings on them either. Defensively, we're probably as good as we've ever been.... Offensively, we can go through some droughts for stretches.
      Did you just cut/paste this from one of the NW football playoff threads from any of the last few years? 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

I’d be curious what he’d say if someone asked him what he’d do if he could trade all three of those bench players (plus 2 starters) for a one month return of Trevor Hudgins?

The nicest "bars" to grab a drink are probably The Pub, The Black Pony Brewery, or the Palms Bar and Grill. The pub is just a bar, the brewery serves wings and some sandwiches... the beer is pricey, but it's kind of cool. The Palms has good food. Burny's is another good college bar, but probably not as aesthetically nice... someone mentioned they have good pizza. I've never been there to eat and forgot that they even served food... not a place that really looks like it would.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post

Did you just cut/paste this from one of the NW football playoff threads from any of the last few years? 🤣
          Ha! I didn't think about that, but yes, it would describe our football team pretty well too.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            I’ve never seen a Bearcat defender touch anything but the ball 😎
            Haha, I'm sure it's tough to see through your green shaded glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

I was referring to the mindset of the NW student as they know nothing but success. Under McCollum, NW is 364-85 going 224-61 in league play (this includes the conference tourney). Over the past seven seasons they are 160-10. His teams have gone an incredible 29 - 5 in DII tournament play with natty's in '17, '19, '21 & '22. Was the prohibitive favorite in 2020 when COVID ended eh season prematurely.

I'm too lazy to look this up but it would be hard pressed to find a coach/team with better results during his tenure at NW.
              john wooden. That’s it.

Comment

Clear Creek Griile & Bar has decent food and live music at times

Comment

Are you staying in Maryville?

Comment

Some Moorhead fans staying in Maryville others staying in St. Joseph.

Comment

For fans staying in Joetown-Boudreaux is decent Cajun food for this area and they serve booze too

Comment

Msum probably wasn’t bringing a huge fan section by any means, but weather forecast “up north” certainly certainly won’t help. Talking about waves of snow for next 4-5 days coming across Dakotas/Minnesota/Iowa. Hope they are wrong or blowing out of proportion like usual.

Comment

Msum probably wasn’t bringing a huge fan section by any means, but weather forecast “up north” certainly certainly won’t help. Talking about waves of snow for next 4-5 days coming across Dakotas/Minnesota/Iowa. Hope they are wrong or blowing out of proportion like usual.
                          I hope they're wrong as well. I'm starting in Duluth tomorrow with the SNU girls and then coming to Maryville. Excited for the double dip and hope the weather doesn't prevent that!

Comment

Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

I hope they're wrong as well. I'm starting in Duluth tomorrow with the SNU girls and then coming to Maryville. Excited for the double dip and hope the weather doesn't prevent that!
                            Be safe man. Looks sketchy

Comment

If you drive to the conditions you can make it anywhere. You'll all be fine.

Comment

Similar to state tournaments, if you don't have enough hotels to host you shouldn't be allowed. I don't mean this against northwest or saying NSU should host, just seems ridiculous.

And I don't know if it's by choice people at staying in St. Joe's but if it isn't, it really is crazy.

The location of a regional should be able to accommodate, but again, maybe they can and it's people's choice?
                                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-09-2023, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X