Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA WBB Transfer Portal Players

Since I cannot find a website like Verbal Commits D2 for Women's Basketball, I'll open up a thread. Send in your twitter finds on who has entered the portal

CENTRAL MISSOURI

G Kade Hackerott (R-SO 5.5ppg) NEW SCHOOL: UT Rio Grande Valley

CENTRAL OKLAHOMA

N/A

EMPORIA STATE

Tre'Zure Jobe (RSJR-22.3ppg) NEW SCHOOL: Wichita State

FORT HAYS STATE

N/A

LINCOLN

N/A

MISSOURI SOUTHERN

G Peyton Mosley (FR-2.6ppg) NEW SCHOOL Hutch CC
    G Lacy Stokes (SO-17.3ppg-2021/22 MIAA POY & 2021/22 MIAA Freshman of the Year) NEW SCHOOL Missouri State
    G/F Hailey Grant (RSO-3.9ppg)
    C Madi Stokes (RSJR-8.5ppg)

MISSOURI WESTERN

Cleao Murray (5.9ppg) NEW SCHOOL Grandview University
    G Abby Bala (SO-4.7ppg-NEW SCHOOL TA&M Kingsville

NEBRASKA-KEARNEY

G Mallie McNair (RSFR-1.3ppg) NEW SCHOOL Briar Cliff (NAIA)
    G Sarah Schmitt (RSSR-10ppg) NEW SCHOOL Idaho

NEWMAN

G Lauryn Dubbert (SO-6.4ppg NEW SCHOOL Benedictine (KS) (NAIA)

NORTHEASTERN STATE

N/A

NORTHWEST MISSOURI

N/A

PITTSBURG STATE

N/A

ROGERS STATE

N/A

WASHBURN

N/A
    Last edited by AlexTheHAMMER; 05-23-2023, 08:47 AM.

We have our first twitter confirmed WBB transfer, from Missouri Southerns Peyton Mosley: https://twitter.com/peytonmosley/sta...IoUE2ExOF38UMw
    Last edited by AlexTheHAMMER; 04-07-2023, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Big one breaking, last year's MIAA POY Lacy Stokes is entering the portal. Make that two Missouri Southern Lions now. https://twitter.com/MarkSpillane_/st...529890826?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
        Big one breaking, last year's MIAA POY Lacy Stokes is entering the portal. Make that two Missouri Southern Lions now. https://twitter.com/MarkSpillane_/st...529890826?s=20
        Stokes Career honors in 2 years at MoSo...definitely has the feeling of testing D1 waters here

2x All-American Guard, D2CCA Honorable Mention (2021-22), WBCA Honorable Mention (2022-23)
        2x All-Central Region Guard by D2CCA 1st team (2021-22), 2nd team (2022-23)
        MIAA Player of the Year (2021-22)
        MIAA Freshman of the Year (2021-22)
        2x All-MIAA Guard 1st team (2021-22 & 2022-23)
        2x All-MIAA Defensive Team (2021-22 & 2022-23)
        MIAA All-Tournament Team MVP (2023)
        2x MIAA All-Tournament Team (2022 & 2023)
        NCAA Central Region All-Tournament Team (2023)
        7x MIAA Player of the Week (2021-22 for Weeks 9, 11, 12, 13 and 15), (2022-23 for Weeks 1 & 5)

Comment

Stokes Career honors in 2 years at MoSo...definitely has the feeling of testing D1 waters here

2x All-American Guard, D2CCA Honorable Mention (2021-22), WBCA Honorable Mention (2022-23)
          2x All-Central Region Guard by D2CCA 1st team (2021-22), 2nd team (2022-23)
          MIAA Player of the Year (2021-22)
          MIAA Freshman of the Year (2021-22)
          2x All-MIAA Guard 1st team (2021-22 & 2022-23)
          2x All-MIAA Defensive Team (2021-22 & 2022-23)
          MIAA All-Tournament Team MVP (2023)
          2x MIAA All-Tournament Team (2022 & 2023)
          NCAA Central Region All-Tournament Team (2023)
          7x MIAA Player of the Week (2021-22 for Weeks 9, 11, 12, 13 and 15), (2022-23 for Weeks 1 & 5)
          Very tough loss for MOSO. She was a D1 talent leading our team. Was hoping she liked being 30 miles from home and having her whole family here and would be here 2 more years. She is also a great person in addition to being a great player. I think she is likely testing D1 waters too. I'm sure she will be very successful. Good luck Lacy!!!

Comment

Wow. Interesting to see how she’ll do.

Comment

Re: Lacy Stokes —- let me be the first on here to say that I’m afraid she’s going to learn the hard way what Cam Martin learned. It’s much more enjoyable to be a big fish in a small pond.

Now, Cam went to the big pond and won a national championship ring. But he redshirted so that really doesn’t count as a small fish in a big pond. Maybe fish food.

maybe I’m just bitter

I long for the days of the George Brett’s and Frank Whites who you cheered for an they stayed with you their whole careers.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                Re: Lacy Stokes —- let me be the first on here to say that I’m afraid she’s going to learn the hard way what Cam Martin learned. It’s much more enjoyable to be a big fish in a small pond.

Now, Cam went to the big pond and won a national championship ring. But he redshirted so that really doesn’t count as a small fish in a big pond. Maybe fish food.

maybe I’m just bitter

I long for the days of the George Brett’s and Frank Whites who you cheered for an they stayed with you their whole careers.
                i hear ya. There’s a kid that transfered from western and is somehow on Arizona’ s roster. He never played at MWSU. I have a hard time believing he’s going to play much Arizona.

Comment

Here is an article in the local paper about Lacy Stokes entering the transfer portal. Sounds like she definitely has her eyes on D1. I hope she chooses the right situation and succeeds to fulfill her lifelong dream!

MSSU's Lacy Stokes enters transfer portal feeling support from everyone at MSSU | Local Sports | joplinglobe.com
                  MSSU’s standout point guard on the women’s basketball team over the past two seasons has her eyes set on becoming a Division I talent.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

maybe I’m just bitter

I definitely hear ya. Saddened to see her leave, but glad to see her pursuing her lifelong dream. I hope she makes the right choices and finds the right situation so that she can succeed. She is a very nice young lady from a very nice family, so I hope for the best for her.

Like you, I do long for the days when your team's heroes stayed their whole careers. Times have really changed and the transfer portal is really changing the college landscape. I love players like Christian Bundy and Layne Skiles who came here as freshman and who we could watch grow as both players and people during their 4 or more years here. I really admire players like Braelon Walker who came here as a freshman, redshirted, didn't play much either his redshirt freshman or sophomore years, but still stuck it out. He grew so much as a player and a person during those three years before becoming an significant contributor and starter his last two years here.

We will still see players who stay their whole college careers here (and hopefully we have several of those on the team that will continue to do so), but I do long for the old days. Now get off my lawn!!! lol

Comment

Hope the Jennies don't lose anyone to D1 in the transfer portal. Brooke Littrell (R-Soph 19 ppg) the conference player of the year is certainly a possibility. Would also hate to lose Oliva Nelson (R-Soph 13 ppg).

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 03-29-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Hailey Grant from MOSO is now entering the transfer portal. Our team will definitely look different next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                          Hailey Grant from MOSO is now entering the transfer portal. Our team will definitely look different next year.

So, is that now two or three Lady Lions in the transfer portal? I assume they're all team stars hoping to play D1. The Lady Lions really looked good and got on a roll at tourney time.
                          Last edited by Donkeydamus; 04-01-2023, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                            Wow, Hailey too...really like her as a player...long, athletic...in games I watched seemed to me she may have been under utilized. After saying that...checked her stats...played 13.9 minutes a game, 3.9 points, 3.3 rebounds off the bench. Of course I'm not there every day, but sure seemed like she could play. Wonder what I was missing.

After going thru this process, hope she finds a better situation...easier said than done, that's for sure. Took longer than expected, but fortunately, my daughter found a great landing spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

So, is that now two or three Lady Linons in the transfer portal? I assume they're all team stars hoping to play D1. The Lady Linons really looked good and got on a roll at tourney time.
                              3 MSSU Lions in the portal now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X