Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer WBB Team Trips

NCAA allows trips for BB teams every 4 years...you get 10 extra practices at home and 3 games on your trip.

D1 seems to do them more frequently...didn't realize D2 even did them...

I know...
    Pitt St is going to Spain
    Emporia is going to Italy
    Western is going to Greece.

What a great experience for the girls and their team!

Any other teams going on trips this year?

I'm excited to go to be able to travel with the team to Greece in August...Western put together a heck of a deal for family to go along on the trip.

One caveat...I've been told I can't bring or wear any of my NW gear on the trip...😁😂

Haven't seen my daughter play in over a year...FU MIAA and your transfer rules...so this will have to give me enough of a fix until November!

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
    NCAA allows trips for BB teams every 4 years...you get 10 extra practices at home and 3 games on your trip.

D1 seems to do them more frequently...didn't realize D2 even did them...

I know...
    Pitt St is going to Spain
    Emporia is going to Italy
    Western is going to Greece.

What a great experience for the girls and their team!

Any other teams going on trips this year?

I'm excited to go to be able to travel with the team to Greece in August...Western put together a heck of a deal for family to go along on the trip.

One caveat...I've been told I can't bring or wear any of my NW gear on the trip...😁😂

Haven't seen my daughter play in over a year...FU MIAA and your transfer rules...so this will have to give me enough of a fix until November!
    I'm sure that will be a great experience! Have fun!

Nothing scheduled for MOSO. The last trip they took was to a tournament in Puerto Rico during Thanksgiving week somewhere around 2016-2018. They got to play 3 extra games on top of their normal schedule. Our men have made a similar trip to Puerto Rico in the past also, since our former coach Robert Corn had some connections in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I'm sure that will be a great experience! Have fun!

Nothing scheduled for MOSO. The last trip they took was to a tournament in Puerto Rico during Thanksgiving week somewhere around 2016-2018. They got to play 3 extra games on top of their normal schedule. Our men have made a similar trip to Puerto Rico in the past also, since our former coach Robert Corn had some connections in Puerto Rico.
      Really looking forward to it. Saw a stat where you'll spend 90% of the time with your kid by the time they're 18...always good when you can steal some time with them. Western offered a deal where we fly with them, stay in the same hotel, same tour bus, same tour options...I think the only thing I don't get to do it play in the games! :)

Comment

Really looking forward to it. Saw a stat where you'll spend 90% of the time with your kid by the time they're 18...always good when you can steal some time with them. Western offered a deal where we fly with them, stay in the same hotel, same tour bus, same tour options...I think the only thing I don't get to do it play in the games! :)
        Have you made the trip to Greece yet? If so, how was it?

Comment

Have you made the trip to Greece yet? If so, how was it?
          We leave Monday...back the 24th...really excited for it...Haven't seen my daughter play in more than a year!

Comment

We leave Monday...back the 24th...really excited for it...Haven't seen my daughter play in more than a year!
            Have a great trip! Sounds like you'll have a great time, and will finally get to see your daughter play again. Have fun!

Comment

Have a great trip! Sounds like you'll have a great time, and will finally get to see your daughter play again. Have fun!
              Thanks!

Comment

Got back last night from Greece with the Lady Griffons...great trip!

Played 3 games in Athens, basically vs. the same club team with a few different players each night...won by 13, 20 and 27. It is their off season so they weren't necessarily in shape and doubt they've been practicing much if any. Played against ages 18 to at least 31 (almost 32)...anybody complaining about officiating needs to play overseas in these exhibition games...you'd appreciate what we have a lot more. :)

During the first game, one of them said to our coach...you're not in your country any more!

Last game played really well, sharing the ball, making that extra pass...if the girls remember to play like that when the season rolls around it could be a special year. Definitely got better each game, which is what one would expect.

Great experience for the girls, hoping it draws them closer as a team!

If you ever go to Greece, go a little earlier in the year, before it gets really hot...they don't seem to believe much in a/c, cold water or ice...

Hope Pitt St and Emporia St enjoyed their trips too!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X