Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Men's NCAA Central Region Rankings Released (2/15)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Men's NCAA Central Region Rankings Released (2/15)

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketb...gional-ranking

(Overall Division II record, In-Region record)

CENTRAL REGION
    1. Northwest Missouri State (20-0, 19-0)
    2. Arkansas-Monticello (16-2, 16-2)
    3. Southwest Minnesota State (20-5, 20-5)
    4. East Central (17-6, 17-6)
    5. Minnesota State-Moorhead (20-4, 20-4)
    6. Arkansas Tech (15-4, 15-4)
    7. Upper Iowa (18-8, 16-8)
    8. Augustana (16-7, 16-7)
    ------------------------------
    9. Northern State (18-7, 18-7)
    10. Central Missouri (14-6, 14-6)

Comment

Re: First Men's NCAA Central Region Rankings Released (2/15)

Even after Northern's stumble against Bemidji this weekend, they're in the hunt. Really makes Augie's win over Northern and Saturday night's win over SMSU big wins as far as solidifying ourselves somewhere in the mix. If we beat UIU this weekend and win a game or two in the tournament, I would think we have to be in a pretty good place, even if an outlier wins one of the conference tourneys. If we lose one or two of our next 3-4 games, I will definitely not be feeling anywhere near as good about things.

Comment

Three of the top eight from the NSIC South. Obviously still a conference tournament yet, but Saturday's game in Sioux Falls is pretty important. Would expect that game to bounce the loser out of the top eight.

Comment

UAM has 3 losses but it says they only have 2 in this ranking. All 3 losses are conference games so it's not as if one of them was a non-D2 game that doesn't count. Any ideas on why this is? Are the records as of Sunday evening? That would make sense as they lost the 3rd game on Monday.

Comment

A little surprised at UCM's position but non-conference D2 wasn't that great with wins over Bemidji, Duluth, SW Oklahoma (all below .500) and losses to Rockhurst and Arkansas-Fort Smith (all above .500). Conference record is 6-4 against teams above .500. Combined they are sitting at 6-6 against teams above .500. UCM has 3/4 remaining conference games against opponents better than .500. They need to win those 3 and probably get to conference tournament final to make regional.

I mentioned in another thread that I didn't think the MIAA was very strong this year other than NW. Apparently, the powers that be agree. Some of the NSIC posters think this is a bad year for their conference. Apparently the powers that be disagree. Not surprised to see Arkansas Tech and East Central in top 10 at all. I initially had 4 NSIC, 2 MIAA and 2 GAC.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              Three of the top eight from the NSIC South. Obviously still a conference tournament yet, but Saturday's game in Sioux Falls is pretty important. Would expect that game to bounce the loser out of the top eight.
              And, I suppose, potentially help lift the winner out of that always perilous 7-8 territory. Although I don't know if it's even mathematically possible for the Vikes to jump beyond Moorhead...even if something crazy happens this weekend and the Dragons go 0-2. I can maybe see Moorhead going 1-1 with St. Cloud on the schedule, but it would be a nearly-unthinkable disaster if the Bulldogs of Duluth also took a bite out of the Dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                UAM has 3 losses but it says they only have 2 in this ranking. All 3 losses are conference games so it's not as if one of them was a non-D2 game that doesn't count. Any ideas on why this is? Are the records as of Sunday evening? That would make sense as they lost the 3rd game on Monday.
                Helps getting NW closer to locking up regional host.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                  A little surprised at UCM's position but non-conference D2 wasn't that great with wins over Bemidji, Duluth, SW Oklahoma (all below .500) and losses to Rockhurst and Arkansas-Fort Smith (all above .500). Conference record is 6-4 against teams above .500. Combined they are sitting at 6-6 against teams above .500. UCM has 3/4 remaining conference games against opponents better than .500. They need to win those 3 and probably get to conference tournament final to make regional.

I mentioned in another thread that I didn't think the MIAA was very strong this year other than NW. Apparently, the powers that be agree. Some of the NSIC posters think this is a bad year for their conference. Apparently the powers that be disagree. Not surprised to see Arkansas Tech and East Central in top 10 at all. I initially had 4 NSIC, 2 MIAA and 2 GAC.
                  Lincoln's loss last night to Lindenwood drops them below .500. If CentralMO beats them on Thursday (if Lincoln wins the Mules are probably out), the Blue Tigers will have to win out to get back to .500. If they lose 1 of the remaining 3 they would still be a game below and would have to win at least 2 tournament games to finish at .500.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                    Bingo. The records are always through Sunday for the regional ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Even after Northern's stumble against Bemidji this weekend, they're in the hunt. Really makes Augie's win over Northern and Saturday night's win over SMSU big wins as far as solidifying ourselves somewhere in the mix. If we beat UIU this weekend and win a game or two in the tournament, I would think we have to be in a pretty good place, even if an outlier wins one of the conference tourneys. If we lose one or two of our next 3-4 games, I will definitely not be feeling anywhere near as good about things.
                      The same Bemidji that UCM beat by 15 (neutral site) . . . . This process is maddening.

I do hope more than one MIAA team gets in. With the non-NWMo teams beating each other up, it is hard for me to judge the talent level of those teams vis a vis the other conferences.
                      Last edited by MoHoops; 02-15-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                        And, I suppose, potentially help lift the winner out of that always perilous 7-8 territory. Although I don't know if it's even mathematically possible for the Vikes to jump beyond Moorhead...even if something crazy happens this weekend and the Dragons go 0-2. I can maybe see Moorhead going 1-1 with St. Cloud on the schedule, but it would be a nearly-unthinkable disaster if the Bulldogs of Duluth also took a bite out of the Dragons.
                        More likely that either East Central or AR Tech drops than Moorhead.

I think Northwest, Monticello, Southwest and Moorhead are pretty solidly in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by MoHoops View Post
                          The same Bemidji that UCM beat by 15. . . . This process is maddening.

I do hope more than one MIAA team gets in. With the non-NWMo teams beating each other up, it is hard for me to judge the talent level of those teams vis a vis the other conferences.
                          Bemidji is a 10-win team that has two wins against teams in the Top 10 of these rankings (Southwest, Northern) but lost games to 5-22 Concordia and 7-19 Crookston

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            Bingo. The records are always through Sunday for the regional ranking.
                            Then why do they wait until Wednesday to release the rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
                              Then why do they wait until Wednesday to release the rankings?
                              Schools have until midday Monday to submit scores or stat corrections.
                              The NCAA compiles the data and gets to regional committees on Monday night.
                              The regional committees talk on Tuesday and the national committee talks Wednesday AM
                              Last edited by Tyler Madsen; 02-15-2017, 08:45 PM. Reason: correcting my terrible phone typing

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X