Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023-2024 Winona State Warrior Season Thread

Didn't see on started for the Warriors.

Excellent start to the season. A little surprising to see them get 3 wins.

Hearing a couple of the transfers are hurt, with one maybe being out a good while. They both looked like good fits for the year. Hoping everyone can get healthy and see what happens.

Good win for the Warriors to open conference play. CSP shot it like fire early. WSU, playing with only 9 guys healthy, held on a did enough to win. Sounds like they'll be without all 3 transfers for a while. Here's hoping everyone can get healthy by the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
      Good win for the Warriors to open conference play. CSP shot it like fire early. WSU, playing with only 9 guys healthy, held on a did enough to win. Sounds like they'll be without all 3 transfers for a while. Here's hoping everyone can get healthy by the new year.
      Much better start than I expected. The Eisner injury bug lives on. Seems this happens every year. Heard the first two were projected starters with the kid from Calgary being very good. And the graduate student from Eau Claire, Brock Voigt, has been a real shot in the arm off the bench, but now he must be down too. Kudos for winning while thin but I expect there will be much tougher opponents. What goes on their practices that these guys get hurt so much? It’s ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Much better start than I expected. The Eisner injury bug lives on. Seems this happens every year. Heard the first two were projected starters with the kid from Calgary being very good. And the graduate student from Eau Claire, Brock Voigt, has been a real shot in the arm off the bench, but now he must be down too. Kudos for winning while thin but I expect there will be much tougher opponents. What goes on their practices that these guys get hurt so much? It’s ridiculous.
        From the sounds of it, Voigt injured his shoulder during a post move. Sounds like a few weeks. On the half time interview, Eisner said "no change in timeline for the other two," but I don't know what that was to begin with.

I had also heard really good things about the transfers. Bright side I suppose is the 10 day break between games. Then things get tough fast.

Comment

Nice win last night on the road. Bench looks pretty thin on the road with redshirts and injuries, but they got the job done.

Another test today against Augie. Hopefully, the guys have their legs.

Comment

Another interesting stretch of basketball for the Warriors. Losing at Crookston and Minot then coming home and beating a good Dragons team. Took care of business last night against CSP. Everytime I feel like things are coming together, someone gets hurt. Hoping they stay healthy because when they shoot decent, they can be dangerous.

Comment

Thought I would bump this thread up to ask one important question- will the Warriors actually have any players for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                Thought I would bump this thread up to ask one important question- will the Warriors actually have any players for next season?
                Going to have to stock up with transfers. New way of the world. They had four solid returnee starters and now have one. The team probably would have been rated pretty high coming into next year. With a new roster it will be total speculation. There are several redshirts and true freshman who didn’t play much but what can you expect from them? Frankly, I don’t see the point of redshirting anyone anymore now that loyalty is an extinct concept. Why bother nursing anyone along when most of them will jump ship when they become attractive as upperclassmen? Just burn through them and backfill from the portal when they bail.

It’s becoming hard to stay interested in college athletics with all this going down. The money and free movement are spoiling everything in my opinion. The financial environment of Power D1 programs is trickling down and ruining the competitive environment everywhere else. I expect many of these guys move thinking they can get some NIL somewhere else. I have no idea where this money is supposed to come from at this level where athletic departments produce limited revenue and alumni contributions are modest. I expect most find their new camps are no Shangri-La evidenced by how many move multiple times. You think crowds are sparse at our schools, they aren’t much better at down ballot D1s. Wait until the days schools have to start paying players a wage. I see the day when will start to wonder if athletics may no longer be worth the trouble. Maybe just opt for a club system so kids can participate but get away from the headaches.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X