Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam on TV!

Nearing tipoff for the Big Dance game between Colorado and Boise State. The Broncos’ roster includes former Missouri Southern All-American Cam Martin, who was on the roster for last season’s national championship team, the KU Jayhawks. Jacksonville State also claimed him on their roster about 7 or 8 years ago.

Nearly records a double-double on the big stage with 10 points and 9 boards in a career-ending loss.

Finishes a 7-year career (5 full seasons actually played) with 2,330 points.

Comment

Colorado's star, KJ Simpson, also has ties to Missouri Southern. Hid dad, Kenneth Simpson, is a former basketball player at MOSO from 1990-1992.
      Last edited by mosofan1; 03-21-2024, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
        Nearly records a double-double on the big stage with 10 points and 9 boards in a career-ending loss.

Finishes a 7-year career (5 full seasons actually played) with 2,330 points.
        Enjoyed watching his last college game. Put on a good showing. Wonder if he'll play in Europe somewhere next year.

Comment

All I could think about watching Cam Martin last night was that he plays and looks like Rod Farva from Super Troopers.

Comment

I saw that Lacy Stokes ended up being the leading scorer of the Lady Bears in her first season at D1 Missouri State. 23-9, but missed the big dance. Playing in another postseason tournament though. It would've been fun to see her and Joey Batt go at it this year.

Comment

How did 17-15 Arizona make the First 4 but 23-9 Mo St was left out?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                No respect for the MVC in men's or women's. Lacy made a shot with 5 seconds left in the tournament championship game to give MO St the lead before Drake hit the buzzer beater. I hate the rule regarding getting the ball at half court after a timeout in the last two minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                  I saw that Lacy Stokes ended up being the leading scorer of the Lady Bears in her first season at D1 Missouri State. 23-9, but missed the big dance. Playing in another postseason tournament though. It would've been fun to see her and Joey Batt go at it this year.
                  Lacy had a great year for the Lady Bears. She improved as the year progressed and as she adjusted to the D1 level. Was named MVC newcomer of the year.

Always enjoyed watching her play. We definitely missed her at MOSO this year. I agree. It would have been very entertaining to watch her and Joey Batt go at it.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

No respect for the MVC in men's or women's.
                    When did that shift happen? Missouri Valley used to be considered one of the top mid-major leagues in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      When did that shift happen? Missouri Valley used to be considered one of the top mid-major leagues in the country.
                      I think it happened some when Wichita State and Creighton moved on. I think it's still one of the best mid-major leagues, but it's tough for a league to get 2 bids. I don't understand how they can reward teams with losing conference records with a bid, but they do.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        A 14-15 Illinois team beat MO St in the WBIT last night giving the committee justification to do this. Very solid game by Lacy Stokes with 22 points and 5 assists. She has proven all year that she can play at the D1 level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X