Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Women's Tipoff Classic

Looking forward to this event in November. Some great teams and matchups. Loved attending this event in KC two years ago.

Link looks off. But I found this one...

https://goashlandeagles.com/news/202...f-classic.aspx

Four MIAA teams matched up against four teams that were all consistently ranked high in the polls last season. Should be entertaining. The MIAA has probably the best women's basketball conference in the country. Few, if any, conferences could send four squads out of their conference to compete at a national level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bballfan View Post

Four MIAA teams matched up against four teams that were all consistently ranked high in the polls last season. Should be entertaining. The MIAA has probably the best women's basketball conference in the country. Few, if any, conferences could send four squads out of their conference to compete at a national level.
      Texas Woman’s should be a tough team next season. They may be the one to beat for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Bballfan View Post

Thanks. For some reason I have trouble posting Twitter links. It worked when I tested it before I posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Texas Woman’s should be a tough team next season. They may be the one to beat for the title.
          Agreed. They have to be the odds on favorite. Now, did they lose (or gain) due to the portal? I don't know. My guess is they are the pre-season number 1 (and should be).

Be interesting to see what Central does, after losing some veterans to the portal. Ashland lost a lot too, due to graduation (3 starters), but they are pretty consistent from year to year. Would have liked to see those two go at it in a rematch from about 8 years ago.

A one year removed National Champion, the national runner-up and pre-season #1 team, another Elite Eight team in Ferris State, and Southern Nazarene who had a great season before playing the National Champs in the regional finals. should be some good hoops for sure!

Comment

This will be great. SNU loses most of it's backcourt production and Ashland is down a few starters, but I think all 8 teams are probably still postseason contenders in tough regions next year.

Comment

Northwest ran about 9-10 deep last year and they bring a lot of it back. Losing Jayna Green to graduation might be a bigger loss than it looks though. She was kind of the Swiss Army knife… just did a little bit of everything and a really good defender.

I think last season would be considered a surprise by most Bearcat fans… hopefully they can continue this trajectory and be one of the better teams in the league again. Some nice games here to get it started.

Comment

Wow. That is quite a lineup of teams.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  Wow. That is quite a lineup of teams.
                  Indeed. And I appreciate an event like this centrally located. When they are in California or Texas it makes it hard for some of these teams to travel for the event. But when you got teams from the Central, Midwest and South Central all less than 12 hours or so away from the event, you pretty much have the strongest regions of women's hoop covered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X