• Show
Clear All

• Women's Central Region Rankings (3/1)

Through games played Sunday, Feb. 26

CENTRAL REGION
    1. Emporia State (22-4, 22-4)
    2. Harding (23-3, 23-3)
    3. Pittsburg State (22-4, 20-4)
    4. Minnesota State-Moorhead (23-4, 22-4)
    5. Central Oklahoma (21-6, 21-6)
    6. Central Missouri (21-5, 19-5)
    7. Arkansas Tech (20-6, 20-6)
    8. Augustana (19-8, 19-8)
    9. Wayne State (NE) (21-6, 21-6)
    10. Sioux Falls (19-7, 19-7)

Northern State, as champions of the NSIC Tournament, will take one of the eight spots.

Re: Women's Central Region Rankings (3/1)

If no upsets in the MIAA or GAC tourneys, it would seem Northern State would take Augie's spot at #8.

Comment

This is so laughable...won 13 of last 14, despite not losing NSU falls out of the rankings? This is the dumbest thing I've seen...wow

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        This is so laughable...won 13 of last 14, despite not losing NSU falls out of the rankings? This is the dumbest thing I've seen...wow
        I thought maybe WSC would jump Augie, having split with the Vikings, making it one round deeper into the tournament and having more wins. But it's a moot point, they aren't getting in anyway, and it doesn't appear Augie is either.

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned. You've won the NSIC Tournament, so you're in anyway. As an Arkansas Tech rep, I'm the one who's nervous considering we're sitting at 7th. The one sigh of relief I do have is we won our quarterfinal round game today and since Augie lost in the quarters, I don't see them jumping us or anything like that. At this point, I'd say the only thing that could knock out Arkansas Tech is someone other than us or Harding winning the GAC and someone other than Emporia, Pitt, UCO, or UCM winning the women's tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
            I wouldn't be too concerned. You've won the NSIC Tournament, so you're in anyway. As an Arkansas Tech rep, I'm the one who's nervous considering we're sitting at 7th. The one sigh of relief I do have is we won our quarterfinal round game today and since Augie lost in the quarters, I don't see them jumping us or anything like that. At this point, I'd say the only thing that could knock out Arkansas Tech is someone other than us or Harding winning the GAC and someone other than Emporia, Pitt, UCO, or UCM winning the women's tournament.
            I know we are in I'm not concerned about that....it's the fact that they view us as not a top ten team already, so winning two more puts us at what, 8? Is what it is, still have to win games but just makes no sense at all.

Comment

SOS

Northern State beat 4-23 Upper Iowa and 8-20 MN-Crookston
              Sioux Falls beat 11-16 St Cloud State and 24-4 MSU Moorhead

Comment

I know we are in I'm not concerned about that....it's the fact that they view us as not a top ten team already, so winning two more puts us at what, 8? Is what it is, still have to win games but just makes no sense at all.
                One thing to keep in-mind is being at #8 might not be the worst thing in the world. Yeah, you might get Emporia State, but Harding could host the region regardless since Emporia cannot host the region. I don't think you'd mind playing on a true neutral court if it's an 8 vs. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Toucanbird View Post
                  One thing to keep in-mind is being at #8 might not be the worst thing in the world. Yeah, you might get Emporia State, but Harding could host the region regardless since Emporia cannot host the region. I don't think you'd mind playing on a true neutral court if it's an 8 vs. 1.
                  It doesn't matter if guess, with Fred's experience and Ristau getting time to heal it's almost better to just face up to the best right away. I don't see them as good enough to win the region, but with Fred and two good bigs anything is possible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X