Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Anderson resignation

Today Anderson announced he will step down as MU coach. Sad for coach and his staff wish them well.

Re: Kim Anderson resignation

He was put in a no win situation. Class guy, bad situation.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      He was put in a no win situation. Class guy, bad situation.
      That is my feeling also but he had to go for it.

Comment

If Hoiberg gets fired by Bulls, I would think Mizzou would court him big time.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

All I know is MU can't try and be cheap.Have to spend money to get recruiting back up and fill seats. The worst is over as far as the NCAA have to hire a recognized head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
            All I know is MU can't try and be cheap.Have to spend money to get recruiting back up and fill seats. The worst is over as far as the NCAA have to hire a recognized head coach.
            I don't really follow Missouri basketball. What were the sanctions, etc that they were dealing with? Sounds like he was in a very difficult, no win, situation.

Comment

Had to vacate wins from Haith. Also lost scholarships and had postseason ban not that they won enough to qualify. Yes Anderson was put in a difficult situation but after being passed over 3-4 times previously and at 5x salary and benefits who wouldn't went back to where you graduated.

Comment

Had to vacate wins from Haith. Also lost scholarships and had postseason ban not that they won enough to qualify. Yes Anderson was put in a difficult situation but after being passed over 3-4 times previously and at 5x salary and benefits who wouldn't went back to where you graduated.
                The scholarships are tough to overcome. Especially at that level.

Will never blame someone for wanting to take a step up and make more for their family. He definitely didn't move them across the country while doing it either!

Comment

Haith, got out for Tulsa before he was let go so the timing of UCM just winning a title and the Missouri opening had the stars aligned but we don't know who or how many were offered the job before Anderson or what he knew about the impending sanctions other D1 coaches were probably scared off by these facts he was a great player at MU and coach at UCM .

Comment

Anderson was basically a band aid until they got clear. If he does well, then he stays. If he doesn't, replace him. Sad because he's one of the best coaches I've been around and had the opportunity to talk to. He will resurface somewhere.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                      Anderson was basically a band aid until they got clear. If he does well, then he stays. If he doesn't, replace him.
                      Correct again plus I read in the ST . LOUIS Post-Dispatch that since he had two years left on his contract and his base salary was $300,000k that they owed him 2x that low buyout for D1.

Comment

Correct again plus I read in the ST . LOUIS Post-Dispatch that since he had two years left on his contract and his base salary was $300,000k that they owed him 2x that low buyout for D1.
                        He was only making $300k at Mizzou???

Comment

Base salary yes but with benefits was guaranteed $1.1 million buyout is based on 300k.

Comment

Not used to hearing of a buyout in a resignation.

Comment

He was asked to resign. The buyout was probably agreed to before the resignation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X