Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pitt.State looking for new men's coach

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Interesting excitement about firing a guy who was 41-47 the past three years (Muff) and replacing him with a guy who got fired after going 27-68 the past three years.

But hey, I guess the second coming can do that for most people.

Personally, I'm not ready to crown the Gorillas.
    Little harsh, two different animals putting records of coaches Anderson while I wish he had chosen a different conference to coach in is a proven winner at this level. In a few years Pitt State will be a force no different than UCM was during Anderson's previous time. Any school in the league would have reached out to him if an opening was available.

Comment

Interesting excitement about firing a guy who was 41-47 the past three years (Muff) and replacing him with a guy who got fired after going 27-68 the past three years.

But hey, I guess the second coming can do that for most people.

Personally, I'm not ready to crown the Gorillas.
      You do realize Anderson went 274-95 in the 12 years prior at UCM? Went to 2 Final Four (1 Title), 6 MIAA Regular Season Titles, and 5 MIAA Tournament Titles. Anderson has dominated this league before, he could do it again at Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
        You do realize Anderson went 274-95 in the 12 years prior at UCM? Went to 2 Final Four (1 Title), 6 MIAA Regular Season Titles, and 5 MIAA Tournament Titles. Anderson has dominated this league before, he could do it again at Pitt.
        Actually went to three elite eights never losing first game but until the title run not winning the final four game.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
          Foul the crap out of Pitts, make Pitt St. play back-to-back and see who comes out on top. My money is on Pitts. ;)
          Any truth to the rumor that, in response to getting only one team in the regional, the MIAA is moving to back-to-back games for conference scheduling next year? Apparently the committee didn't think the MIAA teams could handle it so they left out the second best MIAA team over the fourth best NSIC team (who in NO WAY could hang with the top half of the MIAA). :)

In all seriousness, good luck tomorrow/later today. :l <--- My serious face

Comment

Well aware, thanks. And the president of his fan club is keeping us informed as well via reviving four different threads yesterday with the same news we were already aware of. It's a big deal, and with the opening at Pitt, the best possible hire they could ever hoped for.

The guy failed at the next level. He's back where he belongs and he will succeed at Pitt.

Muff was a good guy there. He won 20 games just two years ago. This year, their team was DEVASTATED by injuries, including missing first team all MIAA Josiah Gustafson for the season, and finishing the second half of their schedule with more injured players on their bench in street clothes than their starting lineup.

It's not really a program in despair. And considering Anderson has the inside track on some recruits and may even bring a Mizzou transfer or two with him, of course Pitt should be real competitive real soon.

They'd better be - only one MIAA team gets a tourney bid you know. ;)

Comment

Well aware, thanks. And the president of his fan club is keeping us informed as well via reviving four different threads yesterday with the same news we were already aware of. It's a big deal, and with the opening at Pitt, the best possible hire they could ever hoped for.

The guy failed at the next level. He's back where he belongs and he will succeed at Pitt.

Muff was a good guy there. He won 20 games just two years ago. This year, their team was DEVASTATED by injuries, including missing first team all MIAA Josiah Gustafson for the season, and finishing the second half of their schedule with more injured players on their bench in street clothes than their starting lineup.

It's not really a program in despair. And considering Anderson has the inside track on some recruits and may even bring a Mizzou transfer or two with him, of course Pitt should be real competitive real soon.

They'd better be - only one MIAA team gets a tourney bid you know. ;)
              I think it's great to have Anderson back in the MIAA. I think Anderson at Pitt St. makes them better almost instantly and I it makes the MIAA better. There are some tough places to play in the MIAA. If Anderson can reproduce the atmosphere that he had at UCM and recruit the same caliber players, then he will succeed at Pitt St. That being said, he also has to contend with McCollum and Boschee in a different environment than UCM.
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

there's not really a lot to say he's a proven d2 commodity. now that he's back where he belongs he'll undoubtably be highly successful

nwms will win our share as long as bmc is around

as for the rest of the league....good luck. coaches set the tone and make these programs and the waters are getting increasingly choppy and deep
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

i would not bother....that's nonsense and fantasy level framing you're responding to
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X